the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Help please....Autopage RS-750LCD installation.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
seiya 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  

I am trying to install the autopage RS 750 (first personal alarm install) in a 97 Acura Integra and I ran into a problem trying to program the remote transmitter (non LCD).  I followed the programming instruction given by the manual: 1) turn ignition switch 3 times off/on and stayed in ON the third time I turn the switch, withing 15 seconds and then 2) push the valet switch 3 times, holding on the 3rd push until a chirp is heard.    Problem is I never hear the chirp and I've tried numerous times, with driver's door open/close.  If the siren is not connected properly then the parking lights should blink if the alarm is exiting from the programming mode.  This did not happen either. 

My current alarm wiring is as follow:  

I only hooked up the LED, Valet switch, Harness 2 (parking light relay input, parking light relay output, ground, siren output, and +12V constant), and 1 wire on Harness 6 (BLACK/ white neutral saftey switch -> ground since not used).  I have not hooked up everything else since I want to test the install step by step. 

All connections have been verified by a DMM, the brain module is getting +12V, the siren output is connected properly.  Are the current connections enought to make the alarm come alive and go into programming mode?  I'm also not too sure if I am tyring to enter the programming mode correctly.  How long am I suppose to hold onto the valet switch for?

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you,

Suvi D.

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  
First of all, the transmittier should have come programmed already. Second, you should really install everything first and then test it. Any problems you encounter can still easily be diagnosed even if everything is installed. I would hook up all of your ignition wires or at least the two heavy gauge 12v+ inputs, if you want to take it step by step. You already tapped one 12v+ input, so the other two should be no problem.
As far as entering programming, make sure that you are pressing the button cleanly. The switch is not very user friendly so it can help to use something to press the button if you have big fingers like myself. You should only have to hold it down about three seconds, but longer cannot hurt. Oh Wait, I just remembered: You need to have your Ignition wire hooked up for the brain to even see that the key is in the ignition. So when you are toggleing OFF/ON the brain is not even seeing that right now.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
seiya 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  

The alarm works now, it was the unwired iginition wire.  I didn't think of wiring it since the manual specified it as output.  (And it also said this line must be wired, but I missed that.)  Now I have to clean up the mess and set-up the sensors.Help please....Autopage RS-750LCD installation. -- posted image. 

Thanks a lot J,

Suvi D.

Pufferking 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  

Hey seiya how hard was it for you to hook up the alarm i am thinking of buy the same alarm.Did you hook up the remote start.

Thanks

securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
hey how much are you guys paying for the autopage 750 unit???
Pufferking 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

Quote: Originally posted by securinu on January 13, 2003

hey how much are you guys paying for the autopage 750 unit???

I can get one for around $175.00 over the net i looked around here where i live and they want about $350.00 uninstalled and $499.00 installed and add $150.00 to add the remote start.

Thanks

pufferking

jrilla 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
I pay $150 for them, and I live in a really cold and low crime area so I usually only put the starter features in and I start them at $320 Installed and anything above just the starter costs extra. 
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
mleeb1 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2003 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
I payed $250 about a year ago for the 750 unit.  I really like it. All the cool features are a plus, I have no practical use for the temp feature but i love showing it to my friends. Only cons are transmitter doesn't work from as long a distance as i expected and the LCD transmitters eats up AAA batteries faster than i'd like.
mleeb out!
Pufferking 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2003 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  

Quote: Originally posted by jrilla on January 13, 2003

I pay $150 for them, and I live in a really cold and low crime area so I usually only put the starter features in and I start them at $320 Installed and anything above just the starter costs extra. 

Do you sell them if so email me with a price.I will be looking to buy one in a week or two.I might also be looking  to buy 2 alarms one for me and one for my girl's car.

Thanks

pufferking                                                                                                                                                                                             

jrilla 
Posted: January 14, 2003 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
You would be better off nuying them from www.commandocaralarms.com .  This way you get a warranty and can return it if it if necessary.  I could only do an as-is sale that really wouldn't save you much more then going through them.  The FM-760 is the same thing as the Autopage, but the temp sensor and knowck sensor are optional.  I only run a small operation and typically try to keep my retail sales local to avoid any problems.  Let me know if you still want a quote.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic