icon

1999 Dodge Caravan, Radio Not On w/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigjohnjr 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  

I installes a crimestopper sc-2011rs and everything is working fine, remote start, alarm, delayed entry lights, etc.  Except I have noticed that the radio does not come on with the remote start.  After I tunr the key to on it comes on and so do the wipers?  Strange I thought the dodge caravan had just 2 ignition circuits but there must be 3.  The blower motor works fine so I know that the second circuit is working.

On the crime stopper there is a wire for a second ignition circuit that I am NOT using.  I have 3 wires going into the ignition switch right now so I guess I have to use another wire to get power to the radio and wipers and what ever else is on that circuit.

Any thoughts?

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
The wire diagrams typically only list the wires that are required for remotely starting the vehicle. You should have Ign 1 from your starter going to Blue in your ignition harness, your Ign 2 output going to BLACK/ Orange, and your Starter going to a Yellow wire. My guess is that your accessory output should go to a BLACK/ White to power your radio. what wires did you grab on the vehicle and why do you have a Ign 2 wire not hooked up?
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
bigjohnjr 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

I hooked up just 3 wires, the blue, ORANGE / black, and the yellow.

I guess I should also hook up the BLACK/ white wire.

I can not do this now, it is just to damm cold outside right now to be doing this.  I will wait untill it gets a little warmer.   I just wanted to know.   Do you know how many amps the BLACK/ white draws?

I don't think I need a relay since the second acc line out of the crime stopper is a 12 gauge wire.

I should handle the radio and the wipers and what ever else is on that circuit.

Thanks

djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
well if you want it to work you can take that acc wire and cupple them together meaning take a piece of wire and connect it to the acc wire of remote start and then tap into second acc wire of car. that car has two acc wires and two ignition wires but the right way to do this is with a relay  but you can get away with it the other way. now also you have to know the circuts when you test the difference between an acc wire and a ignition wire is simple both turn on only with key but the ignition wire stays live with the cranking of the car. so when you crank the starter on the car the acc wires shut off. and when you stop crankign the car they turn back on.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic