icon

rs problems 97 sebring convertible

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
miked000123 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2006 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
i am having a problem with my rs it is a prostart ct-3160m it is ment for a standard vehicle but i dont think that matters i have hooked everything up but on this site it says the tach is BLACK/ grey and it is located at the coil pack 2 cylinder setting im assuming this is the coil/distributer i found a BLACK/ grey there but when i wire to it and try to get into ready mode i get an error that means its not getting a pulse from the tach so i checked other wires in that harness and there was a tan yellow i hooked it up to that and i got the remote start to work but the problem is it turns over and runs for about 5 seconds then dies why is this wrong tach maybe and if so where do i find the right one because any other wire on that harness will not work! thanks hoping for some help getting frustrated
carjockey
glantern83 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2006 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
Did you hook up the third ignition wire?
Also:Tach-
6 cylinder engine : BLACK/ gray @ distributor
4 Cylinder Engine : BLACK/ GRAY & D BLUE/GREEN At Coil Pack. Each Wire Is A 2 Cylinder Signal.
-Kitt
-KITT
miked000123 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2006 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  

hey yes i did and i wired right to the fuel injector everything sems to be fine but the problem i have now is the car starts up and runs great but as soon as i press the brake or turn it off with the keypad then it wont start up again until i program ready mode again and the tach was the tan yellow on the injector the module finds it no problem now and one more thing i cant seem to locate the neutral saftey wire where might that be i have it grounded right now

carjockey
miked000123 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2006 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
and also it was cutting out after five seconds because i had to program the tach manually on the module i had to increase it
carjockey
glantern83 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2006 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
Neutral Safety Switch : BLACK / YELLOW[-] (negative) : @ switch on drivers side of the Transaxle.
As for the reason why you have to program the keypa in each time I dont have an answer but I'll try to figure it out...
hope I helped a little...
-KITT
miked000123 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2006 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
thanx i will look tomorrow ya i have to program it to ready mode everytime i want to start the car with the keypad its weird i think it might have something to do with the neutral saftey wire or is it just a constant ground when in park? its really weird i dunno thanks again for helping out i
carjockey
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2006 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
You have to put the remote starter inot ready mode because the unit is designed for a manual transmission vehicle. This is normal. It is the only way the remote starter knows that the vehicle is safe to start in a manual trans. vehicle. You don't have this concern in an automatic vehicle. Do yourself a favour and buy a Prostart kit for a auto trans. It will essentially plug in with only a few wiring changes/programming. It will be far easier to use.
sparky
miked000123 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2006 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  

no its all good it starts and everything but i have to program ready mode everytime i use it it has something to do with either the neutral saftey wire the door trigger or the foot break but i cant figure out why its doing it

carjockey
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2006 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I understand. This is the normal operating procedure for a remote starter designed for a manual transmission vehicle. By putting the unit into ready mode, the remote starter then knows that the vehicle is in a state that is safe to start (In neutral and door hasn't been opened since remotely shut down) Automatic trans. remote starters don't care about this because they can only be shut down and have the key removed if they are in park.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic