icon

01 Toyota 4Runner keyless entry?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Dream Theater 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2003 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
I recently installed a remote starter in a 4Runner. The remote start works, I installed a relay for the parking lights, I also installed a immobilizer bypass module and put the key w/chip inside the module.The truck came with keyless entry so I did not use the starter remote for the door locks. Now hears the problem, the retail store where I got the remote starter said I would need another key w/chip to be able to run the truck after remote start. I can remote start the truck and use an after market key and it works fine except now the factory keyless entry does not work when remote started.
Thank You!
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2003 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
When the vehicle is started, the factory keyless entry see the ignition is on.   That's why the factory keyless entry doesn't work.  You can installed keyless entry on the remote starter and that will solve your factory keyless entry problem.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 15, 2003 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  

Like 10nesne1 said, most Japanese cars' keyless doesn't work with the motor running.  Just hook up the keyless from your remote starter.

The wires can be found in a rectangular plug just below the fuses; no need to go to the kick panels as the tech sheets say. 

BROWN / white is the lock wire; it tests by twisting the key in either door.

GREEN/ YELLOW unlocks all doors on a single pulse; it tests with the passenger door key cylinder.

I forget the color, but if you find the wire that tests off the driver's key cylinder, you can get two-step unlocking if your aftermarket unit supports it.

Rear window up & down are red and RED / black, in the same place as the lock wires..........you must show this wire a negative pulse, but at the same time show a positive pulse to the BLACK / YELLOW second ignition wire....and then the window will move.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic