4 subs, 2, 2channel amps?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
importhunter 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2006 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
Which wiring setup is the best?
I have 4 RF P1 10s in a ported box . The max power handleing is 300watts a piece and they are 4 ohm subs. I have ran 435 watts RMS to each of them. My amps are also rockfords. They are the 401s and are 1200watts (max power), 2 chan.
I have 2 1 farad caps (I know I need 1 more), and the system runs at 14.50 volts.
My question is, is it beter to run 2 (to each amp) bridged @ 8 ohms or one sub to each channel?
If I ran 1 to each channel thats 4 ohms rught?
cloak559 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2006 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  

importhunter wrote:
I have 2 1 farad caps (I know I need 1 more)

I would say you need two less...Besides the fact that capacitors are a waste of money, you really arent running enough wattage to need a cap...

importhunter wrote:
My question is, is it beter to run 2 (to each amp) bridged @ 8 ohms or one sub to each channel?
If I ran 1 to each channel thats 4 ohms rught?

For the drivers you're running, I wouldnt wast money on another amp.  It doesnt really matter if you run one or two, as long as you are giving the subs adiquate power.  My suggestion would be to upgrade your drivers if you're going to upgrade your power...Maybe some P3's or T1's (If you have to stick with RF)....

'89 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Pioneer DEH-5900UB
(2)RE Audio SX 10"s
(1)US Amps MD3D
3ft^3 @ 37Hz
Blowing up in a car accident doesnt worry me, as long as I'm putting out some major dB's when I die...
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 11, 2006 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
Yes..P1's are crap...I'd say ditch them and step up to two 12 ich P2's or P3's or better
Dump the caps and upgrade your big three...sounds like your don't know what that is yet because you think you need another cap.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=73496&PN=1
importhunter 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2006 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have already done the big 3......Thats fine, I will wire it up the best way I know how. The caps have helped aot. I will have 2 t1's in a month. Thanks for your help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic