icon

how to gain maximum output?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flaneledholes 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2003 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  

Hey, I am VERY new to the car audio world, but I do have 2 mtx thunder 8000 series 10 inch subs, they are 4 ohm a piece, and they are SVC, so I am wondering how to wire my VERY little punch 75 rockford fosgate amp to obtain the most power... I have heard of very different things such as paralell, series, series-paralell, and I want to know what each one is, how u wire the amp like this, and what would work the best for my system...

Thanx for all your help

till next time                                                                                                                  

matt

97 stock ranger
brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2003 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
I would wire your speakers in parralell.  That is + from amp to + of first speaker.  Then - from amp to - of the first speaker.  Then just come off of the first speaker to the second one + to + and - to -.  That will give you maxium power from your amp.   Good luck.  Brian
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2003 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
Running seperate wires from the amp to each + and - (instead of jumping from speaker to speaker) will give you the same result as brianh stated above.  In answer to your other question, running 2 4ohm SVC subs in parrallel will give you a 2 ohm load at the amp.  Running 2 4ohm SVC subs in series will give you an 8 ohm load at the amp.  Amps will achieve more power output at 2 ohms, than at 8, hence wiring in parallel will give you the most power.  You really don't need to wory about series-parallel unless you have multiple DVC subs, or 3 or more SVC subs.  Hope that helps
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
flaneledholes 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2003 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

thanx so much guys, I tried other forims and no hope, the12volt is the stuff, I plan to visit here WAY more often!!!!!!!!!

Thanx again

matt

97 stock ranger

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic