icon

06 Subaru WRX STi VSS location

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Slammed_Am 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2006 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
I consulted directechs web site and they said its up under the glove box at the BCM. I took a look up underneath the glove box and aside from the heater blower I only see a fairly small silver modual, with 2 plugs on it. It seems to small to be the BCM and neither of the plugs seem to fit the description on directechs. Can anyone else help?
Thanks
josh1979 
Silver - Posts: 320
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2006 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
SUBARU, IMPREZA, 2006, Speed Sense
Speed Sense GREEN/ YELLOW or GREEN/ black    ECM below glove box
On the non-turbo models the vss is in pin 12 of the 35 pin plug. On the turbo models the vss is in pin 13 of the 35 pin plug. On the STi models the vss is in pin 26 of the 35 pin plug.
The vss wire is also found behind the instrument cluster. i know it is there  just got it there the other day
bring back the rotary phone so i dont have to press 1 to proceed in english
Slammed_Am 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2006 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks. Thats the same tech/location I had. I'll have to go with the cluster instead.
fasmust 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2006 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
I also have an 06 STI. I recently installed a an Eclipse AVN 5435, and am having troubles with the speed sensor connection. I tried using the dark GREEN/ black wire on the back of the speedometer for the VSS connection. It is the second pin (no 2) on the single row 10 pin connector. This did not work. Is there a difference in signal between the dark GREEN/ black wire, and the green yellow wire? Also, which of the four ECM connectors is the GREEN/ YELLOW wire located? Two of the clips have a wire with that wire color. Any help will be appreciated.
Slammed_Am, did your connection work?
fasmust 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2006 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
Nevermind. I learned that the VSS signal for my Subaru is not within the frequency range usable by Eclipse.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic