icon

Avital Q-Start Manual?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Spit 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2006 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

I need a Installation Manual/Wiring Diagram for an old Avital Q-start.  It's being used with a Avital Huricane (not a Huricane II) car alarm system...The original owner must have mis-installed it.  It's in a 1997 Blazer SUV.

Here's the problem:  When I remote start the car it does start but the radio and some of the dash lights/radio etc.  don't come on...once I enter the vehicle and turn the key to the run position everything comes on just fine.  I notice that the volt meter gauge reads only 10.5 volts or so until I turn the key, then it pops right up to close to 14 volts, like it should.  I have also noticed that a small gauge green wire from the Q-start is not hooked up to anything, could this be a accessory wire?

It seems that what ever is mis-wired is  causing a problem with overheating a 30 amp fuse for the remote start  (.maybe it should  be a 20  amp) right next to the battery ..it gets so hot that the plastic on the fuse melts and the terminals the fuse plugs into get burnt...the fuse doesn't  blow.  This overheating seems to occur when the car is remote started and left to run in order to warm-up the engine/ cool down the cabin.  Must be drawing to much current through the wire?

I'm in a real bind.  Directed Electronics/Avital's website hasn't had a Q-start on it ever.  If any old salt out there has any ideas or even better an old manual/wiring diagram please let me know. 

Help

Chuck

captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2006 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.avital.com/guides/igs/avistart6500_install.pdf
Im not sure what Q-start is, but that link is to one of Avital's previous alarm/starter (before they merge with DEI)
But the colors should be correct even though its not the right brain.
1997 Chevy Blazer Diagram
I dont think your Accersory wire is hooked up. (or 2nd ignition)
Check the heavy gauge 6pin connectors to make sure everything is hooked up.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic