2004 GMC Yukon xl alarm wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lcarter 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2006 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all,
i have a 2004 GMC Yukon XL that i would like to put an alarm in. The Yukon has onstar, and a factory theft deterant system(not sure how good, or what it does). i have a prestige alarm/remote start that i would like to install. i removed it from my dodge truck when i traded it in. i'm wondering if i will have any issues with the onstar, or with the factory theft. i don't care if the factory theft works after the prestige is installed for it is a better system.
any help will be great!!!
thank you in advance.
Lee
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2006 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
You will need a data module to interface with the door lock/alarm functions as well as the Passlock II system. There are a few different types on the market. I use one from bypasskit.com. It is the GMDL-BP. It will control your door locks, arm/disarm the factory alarm and bypass the Passlock II system to allow the vehicle to start. It will also give you an output to monitor both front doorpin circuits. You will still have to tie into both rear door pins at the BCM. You will have to diode isolate all three from one another. The Onstar system will not pose any concerns and has nothing to do with the alarm or starter functions.
sparky
lcarter 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2006 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
sparky,
it seems as though the bypasskit.com web site only sells to dealers? is this correct?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic