icon

03 tahoe viper 560xv, 457g

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
92rustang 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
I have been going nuts with this install. I have a done a couple of alarms and remote starts before all DEI but nothing with all of these modules.
First DEI 457g connects to the databus for door locks?
DEI 555L bypasses the PasskeyII?
I have read a couple of posts that sound like I only need the 457G? Do I need both? I think I do. The 457g looks to contorl the PASSIII but not the PASSII.
Wiring? I can not found the lock and unlock wires. The wiring doc's I have tell me to look at the lock switch by the rear doors. I only have one rear door and no lock switch. I do not have a white or lt.blue wire by the rear door. OK I just notice whole typing that it sounds like I should connect the 457g lock and unlock directly to the alarm and not the truck?   So this means I will not have any wires connected to the trucks locks. Just alarm to 457g.
Thanks for the help with all of these modules and crap it is getting real hard for the DIY guys. And i have not even looked at the window modules yet. Thanks again I'm sure you will be hearing more.
truckmann 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  

You are correct about the wiring to the door locks at least for the front doors you will not have to hook any wires to the vehicle for door lock control.  That is all handled by connecting the lock unlock wires from the alarm to the interface module.  You only need the 457G. Here is the description as quoted from the DEI website

"The 457G interfaces with specific GM vehicles. It converts the signals from the keyless entry, alarm, or remote start into signals that can be understood by the vehicles factory Data Bus system. This allows for interfacing with various factory options such as factory alarms. The 457G also interfaces with Passlock II and PassKey III systems."

I just did a remote start keyless entry install on a 2003 Silverado and I used a GM-SL interface module that I got new from ebay for about $40 I have not seen as much negative feedback about the GM-SL module as I have the 457G so I would suggest using the GM-SL interface module. 

Preyhunter 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
Looks like one wire from the 457G will connect to the vehicle's databus and the rest are connected to the alarm brain.  This provides the lock/unlock controls and Passlock II bypass.  You will not need the 555L.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
457G does doorlocks, panic, factory arm/disarm, and turns off Passlock for remote start.
The 457G is reliable but has a few design flaws. Look into the GM-DLBP from bypasskit.com.
92rustang 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for help. You all made this a pretty easy install.
I do have a couple more question and/or problems.
I read a couple of post about the problems with the 457g. So in follow some of the advice I did not connect the door trigger. As I'm sure you all know this is not the best idea of a secure vehicle. This also causes another problem. The truck will start but only for about ten seconds. No big deal just program the alarm for a low votlage, but I have know door trigger connected. So I can not get into the programing mode on alarm. I have always used a tach wire for remote start, can some help with using a tach wire and not the injector. I think this will save me from programming the alarm.
Is it really a problem with the 457g to have a door trigger connected. I will have to do something to trigger the doors. Also I was unsure about the + dome light connection on the 457g.
OK know after looking over the remote. It says I should start the car with the *. This did not work I could start the car holding Lock and Unlock. Is this right? Thanks again for helping out the rookie.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 11:39 PM / IP Logged  
I haven't heard of any door trigger issues with the 457G, but I've only helped to install one of those, and it was for a remote-start-only job; no security anyway.
Tach is super, super easy on that truck; no need to run under the hood to the injectors.
--Apply parking brake, drop tilt wheel all the way down, drop gearshift into Low.....pull on the uppper dashboard and it pops right off. Be a little cautious that it doesn't catch on the hazard switch; they're fragile.
--Remove four 7mm bolts holding instrument cluster in place.
--Pull cluster out, leaving it plugged in; there is plenty of slack on the harness.
--Normally, it is proper procedure to test all wires......but, tach is the ONLY white wire in the instrument cluster harness.
92rustang 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2006 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
I got the remote start working and read the manual about the remote. I ended up getting a tach wire on one of the coils no problems. Remote works fine.
I will get the door triggers connect next week when I do the windows. Any tips will be more the welcome. Thanks again guys I was making this a lot harder then it really was.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic