Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2006 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
thanks
stormraider04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2006 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  

i have this bypass kit for my 02 f-150. http://www.bypasskit.com/Manuals/XK04_PKFORD%20D12_I_EN.PDF

my question is where do i find the TX and RX wires in the truck and how to test for them?

also i am using this with a viper 791xv. what wire does the brown (ground when running) on the bypass module go to on the alarm?

will i need any relays or anything special for this to work?

thanks.

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 20, 2006 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  

The instructions on this link you posted are exact. It tells where to find the wires needed.

Ground while running....Them crazy DEI guys call it status output.

stormraider04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2006 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  
what about the orange wire on my alarm. the 200mA 2nd accessory output. i was told i have to use that too. how does that work? soemthign with a relay and 3rd ignition?
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2006 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  
There is only 1 ign but 3 accys on the truck if you want to use it (I don't think you have to) org to pin 85 , ground 86, 12v to 30 , an 87 to your 2nd or 3rd accy wire.
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
stormraider04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2006 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
oh ya my bad. it was 3rd accy not ignition. so i dont have to use it? what does it do if i do hook it up?
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2006 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
no probably not it wil controle some of the misc convenience features on the vehicl.. If something that you need to fire up on rem start doesn't work then hook it up. But genrally no , you wont need it
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
stormraider04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2006 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  

ok so my check engine soon light came on. i had my remote start installed about a week before. i used it off and on and then one time i used it the light came on. i got my truck, a 02 ford f-150, scanned and it read 6 codes but some were repeats. it had P0460 (Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction), P0301(Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected), and P0316(cant find). i used this site to tell me what they were.

http://autorepair.about.com/cs/troubleshooting/l/bl_obd_main.htm

so i had the codes cleared and just today the light came back on when i did hte remote start. the thing is nothing seems to be acting strange in my truck. for the missfire code my truck engine seems to be running like normal. and the light did not come back on until i used the remote start. so what im asking is what could be wrong in the remote start installation? what do i need to change to keep the light from coming on? has anybody else had this problem with fords? i have the viper 791xv with a flashlogic CAXK04FDPK bypass kit. so any help on this would really help. thanks

dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2006 at 3:09 AM / IP Logged  
P0316 Misfire Detected on Starup (First 1000 revolutions).
Misfire Detected on Starup (First 1000 revolutions.
Check for any other codes that may cause a misfire.
Ignition System
dragon
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 13, 2006 at 7:03 AM / IP Logged  
That fuel-level circuit code you have is the tipoff.
Read this post if you want. Maybe print it and bring it to your installer:
Ford Focus check-engine light trouble
Basically, there's the EXACT same problem on two different Fords. A Focus I worked on, and a Taurus by another installer.
TWO TESTS FOR YOU TO MAKE:
1. Remote start the truck, and watch the dash gauges and the digital odometer........do they come on instantly, or does it take 10-15 seconds extra?
2. Do the windshield wipers work when the truck is remote started?
If the gauges don't come on right away, and the wipers don't work, the second-accessory wire is not being powered. It's also possible that the air-conditioning compressor won't work under remote start.
Anyway, it should be an easy fix; have the installer rewire the remote starter so that that extra accessory wire is powered.
In the future, be sure to switch off your windshield wipers when you park........you wouldn't want to remote-start the truck while the wipers are jammed up in ice or something.
The installer should be able to clear the codes and the light by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.
If he's a real pro, he'll write down your radio presets before doing so, re-set them to your radio, and re-set your clock.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic