icon

2002 Ford F-150, Viper 791XV Alarm/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stormraider04 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2006 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
no offense to jimmy but could i get another verfication on that from a higher level person. not saying you dont know what your saying but you are a rookie to the site and i dont want to screw anything up in my truck.
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2006 at 3:12 AM / IP Logged  
come on guys. this was going good in the begining and now no one is answering. how do i power up the wires and fix my problem? please help.
read what u wrote at else someone answerd he maybe a rookie to the site he knows what hes talking about iam a rookie to the site to but i have doing installs for a fews yrs give your e-mail address and i will send u a disk on interfacing vechicle wiring.
dragon
stormraider04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2006 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
ya i know. i was hoping some of the guys who replied earlier would continue to help me. but i do appreciate. my email is stormraider04@hotmail.com thanks for the help
stormraider04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  

thanks dea,can for that file. it is a graet file. where did you get it? im going to print it out and put it in a binder for reference. and thanks jimmy you were right.  sorry i didnt trust you bc of your status.

now i just need a sunny day to do the work.

stormraider04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2006 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
ok i have a problem. you say to power up accessory 2. well im using a t-harness (FD-1) i beleive i got it from bulldogsecurity.com and im testing the wires in the T-harness and the only wire that is testing like an accessory wire is the one that i have going to my remote start. i know on my truck harness it has 2 wires that are measuring as accessories. but when i do a continuity test on the accessory wires with the wires in the T-harness it shows that a 12v constant wire in the t-harness is connected to one of the accessories. so would this t-harness automatically power up that wire? am i just doing something wrong? or do i just power up the accessory that is going to my remote start?
stormraider04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2006 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  

ok i need to find my second accessory wire in a 02 f-150 to power it up for my remote start. i have 2 different sites for a vehicle wiring diagram and one tells me one thing and another tells me another thing. one says my accessory wire is RED / black and that the gray / YELLOW is 2nd ignition. the other one says my accessory wire is gray / YELLOW and my 2nd ignition is RED / black. both say my 2nd accessory is BLACK/ green. the BLACK/ green wire is hooked up to my remote start right now. and when i test the gray / YELLOW wire and the RED / black wire both have 0v when key is at accessory and when truck is off. when i go to start both get 12v. when i crank the truck they both go to 0v. and when its started they are up to 14v. so both the gray / YELLOW and the RED / black wires are doing the same thing but both are suppose to be different. so i need help with this. im confused. i tested all my other wires and they are working like they should and go along with both wire diagrams. the only difference between the wire diagrams is what i said above. so i need help to figure this out. thanks 

so do i just power up my accessory that is already going to the remote start? shouldnt i have 2 wires that are accessory and act the same?

please help

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2006 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
Go with what you catually test in the vehicle, if it tests as an accessory than it is. Diagrams imo are only to get you in the right direction, varification with a meter is the only absolute answer..Are you still getting the service light?
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 06, 2006 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  

It's difficult to categorize those two wires because they are neither the traditional ACC nor IGN.

As a general rule of thumb, we call an ACC whatever has no voltage during crank and IGN does have voltage during crank.

Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
stormraider04 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2006 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
yes im still getting the light. so do i just power up one of those then? or do i power up the BLACK/ green even though it is already hooked up to the alarm?
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 06, 2006 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
Power everything! Lotsa relays!    2002 Ford F-150, Viper 791XV Alarm/Remote Start - Page 5 -- posted image.
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic