icon

Remote Start For 05 Honda Odyssey Touring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tictactician44 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2006 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
I have an 05 touring and would like to install remote start. Reasearch i have done say this is a tough install. Lots of features on the van to be addressed. Seat memory, immobilizer, factory remote has buttons for both sliding door and the tailgate.
I would like to get set up with a single remote. installers I talked to want me to use fatory plus one for starter.
Can anyone suggest a system for me? Right now I have been told the $900 Canadian range is what it will cost.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2006 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  

Don't listen to them. I like separate remotes, but not on Honda's. The problem is when you remote start the factory remote doesn't work anymore. A stupid way to make it, but it's The way Honda and Toyota makes them. You end up needing to use the key to get in the car.

As for the install, not a hard one compared to many out there. I'd say it's a 6 on a 1 to 10 scale.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2006 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
tictactician44,
Forget the factory remote. Keep that for the summertime when you won't be needing it for remote starting the vehicle.   
As Mike M2 suggested. "The problem is when you remote start the factory remote doesn't work anymore."
The aftermaket unit can perform all the function of the factory remote if the proper module is applied.
On the difficulties scale, personally I found getting the steering column off this vehicle is about a 9.5/10. In terms of the hookup 2/10 when you are using the CanSL module. Basically, every convinence feature that you want can be done at the work bench.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Remote Start For 05 Honda Odyssey Touring -- posted image.
bbtaco 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2006 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  
Thepencil, I don't mean to highjack this thread but I see you have experience using a CanSL unit. Do you know which wire on a 2006 Accord I would have to tap into for the defroster input(orange wire)on the CanSL?
thepencil 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2006 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
bbtaco,
You know the saying "Why give 100% effort when all you could do with just 10%." I use the darn thing once I couldn't help but to use it again and again. Time is $ and I got only one bad back.
You got the right wire, but you may have miss the fine print on the sheet.
"Note : The defrost light doesn’t turn ON"
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Remote Start For 05 Honda Odyssey Touring -- posted image.
bbtaco 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2006 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, but which wire in a 2006 Accord would I tap into for the defroster (-) input?
thepencil 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2006 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry bbtaco, I don't quite understand your question, but I will give it a shot of interpreting it.
If you mean what sort of wire you can use to activite the rear defroster. That will depend on the type of unit you have. Astro has a setting mainly for that purpose. As for myself, I tap a diode on the ground out when running wire and use that. Reason: It will only activate when remote starting and will only stay on until remore starter is deactivated when the brake is applied.       
tictactician44 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2006 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
Good stuff so far looks like I came to the right place.
I am looking for a two way system that can run the defroster and the heated seats as well.
Can someone give me a brand and model #?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic