icon

97 Nissan Altima Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BiG JeRmAn 01 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2003 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  

I'm having trouble getting my CD Head Unit to work. I dont have a RED / green - illumination wire. What should I do?

Jerman loves the kids!
Auto_Obsessions 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2003 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
First off what kind of head unit are you trying to install? What head unit r u replacing? Are you using a wiring harness? Most new radios do not require an illumination wire.
BiG JeRmAn 01 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  

I am replacing the stick tape player head unit. I am putting in a Aiwa Cd Player. And i am not using a wiring harness.

Jerman loves the kids!
Auto_Obsessions 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

First off you need a test light so that you can find the proper wires. If you are looking for an illumination wire all you need to do is put the parking lights on and off while you have the test light to the wire. If there is no output going to the radio you must catch the parking light wire elsewhere. You can catch it at the parking light switch. It is better however to catch the wire at the dashlight dimmer switch so that the radio lights will dim along with that switch. Either way it will work fine. Let me know what kind of car you are working on and I'll tell you the wire you need to find.

BiG JeRmAn 01 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
It is a 97 Nissan Altima.
Jerman loves the kids!
Auto_Obsessions 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
Thats dumb of me. I'll let you know tomorrow
Auto_Obsessions 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
Well the dimmer switch on those cars is to the right of the steering column. So you need to take the few scres from the bottom of the dash and the 10mm nuts under that to remove the metal piece. You should be able to reach the wires from the switch there. Try to push the switch out so you can get a closer look. Then with a test light find which wire turns positive when you turn the lights on. Hold the light on the wire and then you turn the dimmer down. You will see the test light lose power when you dim the switch. That is the wire. One more thing is your radio brand new? Most new radios dont even need illumination wires. Just wondering. Let me know if this helps.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic