icon

connecting and wiring amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
resa1o1 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2003 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
I recently had my amplifier partially installed but they didn't install the remote wire. I know how to take my head unit out but i do not know where to connect the wire. If someone knows how to wire it let me know. thanx:)
Teresa
pervitizm 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2003 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  

Two things we need to know, what type of car is it, and what type(brand name) of HU do you have?

live & die 4 tha luv of BASS!!!!
girlsnocars 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2003 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  

2003 Mazda Protege Has  in dash 6 disc changer with cassete.

I think my amp is wired to the wrong remote wire. I have not been able to find any info. and the dealership can't help. It is now wired to the blue with white stripe. But my amp won't turn on the power line is hot and it has a good ground. I know the amp works because it came out of my old car.

Help If You Can.
Auto_Obsessions 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2003 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
Well In order for anyone to help you have to say what type of radio the amp is being connected to. If it is an aftermarket radio there will be an amp remote lead coming straight from the radio. So let me know the make and model of the radio you have.
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2003 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
I believe most power antenna wires are blue/white, and its a common "last resort" remote line wiring location.  The only problem with this type of workaround is that some factory HU's only activate the power antenna when the Radio (not the CD player) is on.  Try swithching on the radio and see if the amp comes on.  If it does, then thats the problem.  In which case you'll have to move the remote line to something else (ignition maybe).  If all else fails, i'd rig the remote line to the cigarette lighter and install a toggle switch.  If you do this, you have to remember to turn off the switch, or else the amp will be on constantly and drain the battery while the car isn't on.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
resa1o1 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2003 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
my car is a 96 pontiac sunfire but the stereo is a jensen MP3310 CD/ MP3 player. it has one preamp output which is hooked up but i dont know where the remote wire hooks to it
Teresa
eedukes 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2003 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
 Since your HU is aftermarket, it should have a remote/amp turn on lead. Look at your paperwork that came with it.
cal 16v 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2003 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  

HI

you could try connecting the red lead from a multimeter on the cable and with the other black cable earthed turn on the stereo and see if it produces a reading if so so then that the one you are looking for

just for the record a blue cable with a white tracer sounds right as all the head units i have ever wired up use this for the remote power switch and it should power on when the head unit is turned on and not just the cd player

hope this is the same as over your side of the pond but then again you all drive on the wrong side of the road ;-))))))))

cheers dan

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic