icon

Fiberglass How-To

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Tribal_Dog 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2003 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  

I want to experament with fiberglass, but i don't know where to start. Does anyone know of any good sites that gives a basic but in-depth description on how-to go through the steps to do a speaker box or even just working with it in general??

thanks in advance.

Auto_Obsessions 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2003 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
Well you can try to go to www.selectproducts.com. They sell everything you would ever need to do fiberglass work and you can even buy videos to show you.
audiomechanic 
Silver - Posts: 388
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2003 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  

i moderate this site... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/glassmanscustomforum

it is a good resource for the beginner to the pro.....you can get info, materials, and advice.....check it out..........installguy509

SnomanF150 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
yep.. great site.. to get know how and ideas..
George
David's Car Stereo
Baton Rouge, LA
Nick Johnson 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2003 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  

Go to http://www.carstereo.com

Nick

Nick Johnson
Aguita94 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2003 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  

audiomechanic : You say that you moderate the yahoo group - the glassmancustomforum...

Let me tell you bro. This is NOT A FLAME. But, you guys have to do something about how you moderate.. I posted several posts at about 11 AM. 2/14/03 and still it is now 7:30 PM of the same day and still no post. on the forum, why???

If this is a forum for learning how can you learn if your questions don't post???

Ah, Fiberglass...............
audiomechanic 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2003 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  

the reason for the delay on the posts are we try to just give you custom car audio questions and answers nothing else. both of us work from about 9 in the morning til when ever.....my job that pays my bills comes first ......we both do car audio installs and take how to pics for your education and to make your job a little easier when it comes this type of install.

most people have to pay several thousands of dollars to go to a school, which will only touch on the lower end portion of glassing, and are not as up to date on most of the processes used on the site, and in most install bays. Or you can do it through the old trial and error method and waste years and tons of your own money to learn the same thing, which is how most people do  it.

this isnt indended to sound like I'm spouting off or trying to make you look like an a**, but I am just trying to say there are limitations to what can be done with out sitting at the computer 24/7 and waiting to approve a post.....its not possible to get all the posts approved in a timely manner.

Aguita94 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2003 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

No, I understand it all.. I mean even in my post I made mention of creating thru your site moderated form as this one where you have all the information and you charge some sort of contribution for the bandwith, domain and of course your work.. and guess what, it will net you money... Now, I don't know if your point is to make a profit from the products OR just make enough to cover.

Well, I understand..

Ah, Fiberglass...............
audiomechanic 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2003 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
the whole point of the site is to give out free usefull info to people that are just starting out, or wanna learn some different money saving ways to do glass work. there is an additional site to get avi's that show someone actually doing it. the avi site is a pay site.
your idea would probably be more profitable. as for the products, theyt are sold with very little profit, they are just sold for the price of the product, shipping and maybe 10-20 more to cover time......installguy509

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic