icon

Proximity Sensor in Jeep Wrangler

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
raab3485 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2006 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler with a 791XV I installed in it with back up battery, prox sensor, piezo etc. Basically the whole nine yards. The prox sensor is definately a must for a Jeep with a soft top like mine, but I'm having one issue. I mounted the sensor underneith the back of the center console which almost perfectly centers it in my Jeep making it so that when properly adjusted if someone reaches in from any side of the Jeep with the top off the alarm will sound. The problem I'm having is that with the sensor properly adjusted for this, the range obviously extends underneith my Jeep as well. So now, if a cat walks under my Jeep, leaf blows under my Jeep, water flows under my Jeep etc(all of which are very common because I don't have a garage and have to park my Jeep in so it sits outside all day and night) my alarm goes off.
I am wondering, if there is anything I could put under the prox sensor, to sort of "dampen" the field underneith the unit. I'm wondering if a "plate" of dynamat or something similar underneith the sensor would keep it from working quite so well under my Jeep.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
bsd1 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2006 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
Install two 508Ds and lower the sensitivity on both. Next, it all comes down to finding a proper location.
You don't have to mount them perfectly center if you have two. If your current location is causing false, move it elsewhere or just lower it to be less sensitive.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic