icon

1969 Cadillac Deville wiring diagrams

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cleaver13 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  

Does anyone out there have any 69 cadillac deville wiring diagrams ? I want to add an alarm and i would live to have this information handy. 

THANKS !!!

shaggy12volt 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

dont think theres any thing out there going to have to test it with a DMM. I haveint done one of them in years. if you find any thing let me know I woudint mind having it in my database. Good luck  them old cars are pretty easy thou. about as basic as you can get.

The Shagmaster
1999 Chevy Suburban 15" lift sittn on 22's sets 7'5"
1992 Chevy Astro Van all Bagged out Dubbed THE SUICIDER
Installing for over 18 years Looking for empolyment NOW send PM for resum
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 16, 2006 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
Beautiful car and I wish you great luck with it---I used to own a 1968 Fleetwood Brougham, one of my most favorite cars, and I sure do miss it!
Anyway, back in those days, GM was more consistent with its wire colors.
Pull up a diagram from, say, an 80s Caprice, Monte Carlo, Cadillac.......whatever you want, you'll see that it's mostly the same.
---Ignition wires. Drop the dash, find the thick wires coming from the steering column, and test them.
Probably: RED / constant, pink/ignition, and yellow/starter.
---Door trigger: the domelight wire is white, negative-trigger. Try the top of the fusebox, running up one of the roof pillars, or maybe you have an underdash courtesy light?
---Hoodpin/trunkpin: Surely the car will have neither of these from the factory, but install your own if you want.
---Trunk release: Just test behind the switch in the glove box; there are only two possible wires. It's going to be positive trigger for sure.
---Horn-honk: most likely black, coming down the steering column, negative trigger.
---Doorlocks: Do you have any idea if the car has electric power locks, or if they work on vaccuum? My '68 had vaccuum locks, which would be a little more difficult..........do the doorlocks move quickly or slowly?
76eldoconvertfi 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

Best bet is to get a Cadillac shop manual on eBay.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic