the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Tricky momentary to momentary

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
12vlost 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2006 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Guys!

need a diagram for a relay to make a mom pulse to a mom pulse.

The receiver i have wired is for a garage door,two wires from the bell push to the receiver and the internal relays click and it opens fine using the transmitter, only problem is it stops the bell push from working!

So, the way i see it is, the mom pulse is n/c in the receiver so its stopping the bell push from working unless someone kind has another suggestion?

master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 5:50 AM / IP Logged  

I want to help you and probably can.

I need more info however.

If this is a 12v dc system i can perhaps figure out a circuit for you using timer or latching relay circuit.

Please post info with more specifics, I am having trouble understanding what  you are actually  trying to do.

and what is a "bell push"? I am a dumb american and never heard that term.

Thanks

12vlost 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  

Cheers buddy...dumb American?..no way....

Anyway I'll try and be more specific.

I have a garage door operated by a "bell push switch" which is basically a mom non latching switch n/o...I have taken a pair of wires from either side of the switch to an Autolock  12 volt 18 channel receiver to control the door remotely from the transmitter..I then wired the receiver with both wires on channel one so when the transmitter is pressed it opens the door..this works fine...however the mom switch will not operate anymore.

To confuse matters I also have two more receivers wired in to the same wiring operated by two seperate transmitters tied into a homelink system, I have a feeling these are a normally open system which may be confusing the circuit as i think the autolock system may be n/c as these other receivers also cease to operate..

The whole system works fine until i connect the Autolock receiver..

Any clearer?..stick with it..please  :-)

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
The garage door opener obviously needs to see the two contacts momentarily closed to operate in either direction, correct? If this is the case, each switch should be connected in parallel with the two contacts and not through the additional device you just added for them all to work. A diagram of how you have all of these wired to the garage door opener contacts would help us solve your dilemma.
Tricky momentary  to momentary -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
12vlost 
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah, thats right, the garage door needs to be momentarily closed to open/close.

The other receiver works fine as it has the option of n/c & n/o on its wrining options.Tricky momentary  to momentary -- posted image.

the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
If the Autolock receiver will work as normally open (like all your other switches/receivers), wired in parallel with all the other switches/receivers to the two contacts on the garage door opener and you should be good to go.
Tricky momentary  to momentary -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
12vlost 
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

Is it wired in parallel  at the moment?..sorry if thats a dumb question...

i think this is the issue, maybe the Autolock receiver is n/c which is why i may need a relay to make it n/o?

This may explain why the rest of the receivers/switch wont function when the Autolock systm is wired in..

the12volt 
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  

Ahh, I see. I thought you meant the Autolock unit had the option of being normally open or normally closed. Since it's normally closed, wire it with an SPDT relay to its outputs as follows:

Connect one of the two leads of the Autolock unit to ground.

85 to the other lead of the Autlock unit
86 to 12V+
30 to one garage door contact
87a to the other garage door contact

the12volt 
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
BTW, connect all the other switches/receivers (normally open) in parallel with terminals 30 and 87a of the relay described above to the garage door opener contacts. When you activate the Autolock unit, the coil of the relay will de-energize and the normally closed contacts of the relay (87a and 30) will have continuity.
12vlost 
Posted: October 18, 2006 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  

Hey, thats fantastic!!

Will give it a go tomorrow as its kinda late here now..will report back buddy.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic