icon

Keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Guitarman500 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
hi, I hooked up my alarm and Finally got to the keyless entry part of it and i extended the wiring they gave me with my wiring and hooked it up directly to the lock and unlock wires on my car.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

So do they work?  What is the problem/ what vehicle? what alarm?

J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Guitarman500 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
but all that happends is The door Locks and unlocks repeatly Like its out of control.
Auto_Obsessions 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
You have to tell us what type of car and what type of alarm you are using. If your car has a negative pulse lock system then check your wires. One of your wires may be grounding out.
Guitarman500 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2003 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
1989 Delta 88 Royale, And the alarm system is a Crime Guard 328i3.
10nesne1 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2003 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
PWR DOOR LOCK L BLU DRV KICK
PWR DOOR UNLOCK BLK DRV KICK (TYPE A)

This vehicle has positive trigger for power door lock.  If the door lock is out of control than you will have to hookup a couple relays to isolate it.

Keyless entry - Last Post -- posted image.3 Wire Positive Door Locks
This is one of the most common type of door lock switch configurations found in most vehicles. In most cases you will not need to add relays for this type. Most of the newer alarms and keyless entries on the market today have both positive and negative 200 ma door lock outputs that are usually capable of activating the factory relays. Should you need to add relays for a "3 wire negative" door lock system, just change both normally open terminals (87) from 12V(+) to ground. If your alarm or keyless entry has positive outputs only, you will have to connect the other side of the coils to ground  and connect your outputs as shown. The lock and unlock wires below refer to the switch leads, not the motor legs.

Keyless entry - Last Post -- posted image.
Guitarman500 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2003 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  

WHen i Touch the Lock wire with the doors "lock" Wire it locks and when i touch that same wire to the doors Unlock wire it unlocks....but if i hoook the unlock wire to the doors unlock and the lock wire to the doors lock wire it just makes a clicking noise like its trying to lock and unlock at the same time........do you think maybe i need one of these? http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-8BsjjOZQv4m/ProdView.asp?a=0&s=0&g=809&id=detailed_info&i=514DLS3R 

Single pole double throw Relay?

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2003 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like you are getting power on your doorlcok outputs constantly.  That is not good.  Either that or you are using the wrong wires from your alarm.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 22, 2003 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  

Test test test!  Unhook the wires from the car.  Take your meter or test light or whatever, and see what the wires from your alarm are doing.

If they're behaving as the should, you're tying into the wrong wires in the car.

If they're behaving oddly, you either have a defective alarm, or possibly you made some other installation error, like a poor ground to the brain, blown fuse going into the brain, etcetera.

Guitarman500 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2003 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  

Heres how i hooked up the Wires For the Keyless entry.....when i hook them up this way it Just makes a Semi-loud noise like its locking and unlocking at the same time.

Heres how i hooked them up http://www13.brinkster.com/crashkingman/page1.html

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic