Wiring Multiple amps.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nickcervantes 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

Power x 2?

Hi I know I need a distribtion block to accomplish wiring two amps.  I want to run a hifonics zeus 6000(600watts) and a JBL 80.2(160watts).  If I buy a fused distribution block that has one 4 gauge input and two 8 gauge outputs will it work properly if i put the distribution block in the back with the amps?  This would enable me to to run an 8 gauge wire to both the zeus6000 and the JBL 80.2 right since the 8 gauge cable on the zeus 6000 would be no longer than 3 feet, correct or incorrect? Also if i put fuses in the block would I need to install another fuse up front by the battery? and if so how many amps should this fuse be?(AGU fuse)

Remote Turn-On x 2?

and if I wanted to run 2 remote turn ons, could i just run the remote wire to the remote terminal on one amp and from the same terminal run another wire to the remote terminal on the other amp?  so esentially the first amp would have 2 wires on its remote terminal. Would this work?

Ground x 2?

Can I wire both grounds to the same ground bolt?  Or should i have a ground distribution block?  If i bought the distribution block would I need the two 8 gauge ground wires in and one 4 gauge wire out?

jmyinc 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2003 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  

This is all correct. Install fuse at battery and then agin at the dist block. Remote is correct, and you can use the same ground point for all amps.

-Morgan
Nick Johnson 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2003 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, a fuse by the battery is a must!  Add the total amperage ratting of the fuses on the side of your amps.  (Example; amp #1 has a 60 amp fuse, and amp #2 has a 40 amp fuse.  AGU fuse should be 100 amps by the battery). You might experience a noise problem by grounding both amps to one bolt, it all depends on the circuitry of the amps.  I've seen it happen before.  If you do hear noise through your system, try moving one ground four or five inches away from the other.  If no noise is caused by grounding both amps together then disregard this message.
Nick Johnson

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic