2000 Durango alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crudeau 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2006 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  

Hello all,

About a year ago I installed some cheap alarm/remote start combo in my friends 00 durango.  Everything seemed to work fine.  Occassionally the remote start would trigger the factory alarm.   We me and friend lost touch up until recently.  And apparantly she still has the same problem.  The remote start sets off the factory alarm.  A while back someone had went as far as to selling me two relays with some diodes prewired to it.  I installed this but apparently it had no effect.

I'm thinking that by now many of you have installed some form of alarm in a 2000 durango.  What do I need to do so that I can make this issue go away?  I would personally like to just diasable the factory alarm altoghether and she is ok with that.  But I can't find any info on how to do that.

I don't remember what model alarm it was but it was a cheapo.  But it is standard.  Meaning it has all the normal connections as any other alarm.  Factory arm and disarm and all are built into it.  I did some searches on here and saw something about energizing the key sense, and a few other wires at the same time.  Does anyone have a wire diagram and what ever diodes necessary to do this?

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 24, 2006 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
Hook your factory alarm disarm output to the relay that is controlling your unlock output. The vehicle needs a negative through a 1562ohm resistor to unlock, pulsing the wire once disarms the factory alarm, pulsing it twice unlocks the doors. If you just hook your factory alarm disarm output from your 'cheapo' system to control the same relay you currently have unlocking the vehicle, the problem should be solved. If you did not do keyless with the truck then you will need a relay providing ground through a 1562ohm resistor hooked to the vehicle's unlock wire, triggered by the factory alarm disarm output from the 'cheapo' system.
crudeau 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2006 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  

interesting.  I'll have to check out what the truck is doing.  I'm thinking thinking that maybe double pulse is not set on the door unlock wire.  It's been a long time since i played with it.  I do remember doing something with that 1562 ohm resistor.  But that may have just been for the doors to unlock without setting off the alarm.  Since the issue is with remote start, I'm thinking you are correct, and the disarm wire needs to go there as well. 

Other question I have is, I don't remember what value resistors I used to get close to the 1562,  so I will just replace them.  What is the tolerance I can be at with them?  Or if 1562 is the required number, is there someone who makes a single resistor with that resistance?

The cheapo is in fact doing keyless.  I guess I need to pull the truck apart and look at everything again.  I'm really thinking it's just that disarm wire not being wired to the resistor.  May even be that my resistors were not close enough to the 1562.

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 24, 2006 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
If the door locks are unlocking then your resistor value is fine, just add the disarm wire to the relay trigger and you should be all set.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic