icon

1997 Ford Explorer factry alarm interface

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rksc90 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2006 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
can I interface an alarm with it to arm and disarm, like door locks or hood pin switch, is anything possible with the factory module or just leave it alone?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2006 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
I don't understand what you mean. Are you asking if you can add an aftermarket alarm and have that arm and disarm the factory? If so, yes you can.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
rksc90 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2006 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
oh I meant hook up the aftermarket alarm to maybe the factory "arm" wire if it has one, I know it has a disarm lead, I already found the tan with green? striped factory hood pin wire at the kick panel, saves me from running my own, tips like that
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2006 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
Factory Alarm Arm arms on lock    
Notes: Arms on lock only with door open. It is necessary to send a signal to door trigger as well as lock to arm factory alarm

Ok, That vehicle uses a positve door trigger. Take the - doorlock output wire of the aftermarket alarm and connect that to 85 of a relay(but also remember to leave it connected to the doorlock circuit as well). Diode isolate. Connect 86 and 30 to 12v+ with a fuse (10a should suffice).

Connect 87 to the vehicles door trigger + wire from the pinswitch. (This is the same wire you will be connecting the alarms door trigger circuit to, usually violet from the alarm harness).

diagram on the way.

Should do the trick.  Good luck and keep us posted.

master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2006 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  

This should work.

ford_arm_factory.jpg

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
master5 wrote:

This should work.

ford_arm_factory.jpg

No, it won't. The BLACK/ blue wire is the domelight wire. You need to send a pulse to a true door trigger wire. The drivers door pin wire is yellow/black in the drivers kick panel. If that wire sees ground when the lock wire is triggered then the factory alarm will arm. On a Compustar alarm you just connect the rearm wire to the door trigger, and the lock wire to the lock wire and everything works. On a DEI unit I don't think that method works because of a timing issue.
rksc90 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
i havent tried it yet but when I was playing around I also noticed that it will arm the factory alarm wih the door open and the "theft" light will illuminate when -12v is sent to the door lock wire, but doesnt when the door is closed and the aftermarket alarm is armed (pink and something)
rksc90 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
JWorm wrote:
master5 wrote:

This should work.

ford_arm_factory.jpg

No, it won't. The BLACK/ blue wire is the domelight wire. You need to send a pulse to a true door trigger wire. The drivers door pin wire is yellow/black in the drivers kick panel. If that wire sees ground when the lock wire is triggered then the factory alarm will arm. On a Compustar alarm you just connect the rearm wire to the door trigger, and the lock wire to the lock wire and everything works. On a DEI unit I don't think that method works because of a timing issue.
so the yellow/black to the compustar Orange wire"this is the re-arm wire. it provides you with a - pulse when armed, after remote start and then again one second after remote start shuts down". Then i just hook the arm/disarm of the compustar in teh normal fashion to the pink kick panel wires with no relays, and it should work right?
rksc90 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
and the factory disarm wire, should I just hook it to the door unlock of teh compustar with a diode? or to the Compustar ORANGE / white "this is the disarm wire.It provides you with a - pulse when disarmed and before remote start"
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  

Well I posted off Directechs from DEI, they are pretty reliable but not 100%. I created the diagram from the info given. I typically don't like to arm the factory alarm if installing an aftermarket (unless it auto arms with lock) so I have not tried this first hand.

I will notify DEI and see that a correction is made.

I will post any any updates.

Thanks

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic