icon

1997 Ford Explorer factry alarm interface

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rksc90 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  
umm I tried that and the interior lights came on when I armed it1997 Ford Explorer factry alarm interface - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image., anyone else have an idea 1997 Ford Explorer factry alarm interface - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image., or would the relay thing work?
JWorm wrote:
master5 wrote:

This should work.

ford_arm_factory.jpg

No, it won't. The BLACK/ blue wire is the domelight wire. You need to send a pulse to a true door trigger wire. The drivers door pin wire is yellow/black in the drivers kick panel. If that wire sees ground when the lock wire is triggered then the factory alarm will arm. On a Compustar alarm you just connect the rearm wire to the door trigger, and the lock wire to the lock wire and everything works. On a DEI unit I don't think that method works because of a timing issue.
rksc90 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  
master5 wrote:
<TABLE borderColor=#d3d3d3 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=100% bgColor=#ffffff border=1>
<T>
<TR align=middle height=18>
<TD width=135><A onclick=glossary20&yr=2384&product=Remote%20Start#"><FONT>Factory Alarm Arm</A></TD>
<TD width=135> arms on lock </TD>
<TD align=middle width=135>  </TD>
<TD width=130>  </TD></TR>
<TR height=18>
<TD colSpan=4>Notes: Arms on lock only with door open. It is necessary to send a signal to door trigger as well as lock to arm factory alarm</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Ok, That vehicle uses a positve door trigger. Take the - doorlock output wire of the aftermarket alarm and connect that to 85 of a relay(but also remember to leave it connected to the doorlock circuit as well). Diode isolate. Connect 86 and 30 to 12v+ with a fuse (10a should suffice).

Connect 87 to the vehicles door trigger + wire from the pinswitch. (This is the same wire you will be connecting the alarms door trigger circuit to, usually violet from the alarm harness).

diagram on the way.

Should do the trick.  Good luck and keep us posted.

"Connect 87 to the vehicles door trigger + wire from the pinswitch" what colours that? I know it has 3 wires from the back of the lock cyl and 2 that come off the latch
rksc90 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
ok it wont work (either method, yellow with black stripe wire goes up in the door loom not down, oops), the stock alarm to be armed without a remote (unless you can figure the module out) the dome light has to be on and the door has to be locked within .5 to 1 seconds minimum AFTER the dome light is turned on, not at the same time. The way the aftermarket alarm works is it sends a signal from all outputs at once with no delay on arm, so if theres a way with a COmpustar or some electronic device that sends an output after roughly 1 second (all I do is set door locks to 2.5 seconds and add this device), any ideas where to get soemthing,modify a light flasher or something?????
natsys 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
I did a 97 explorer that drove me nuts! I tried the timing relays and all that crap but what worked the best--and I've used it on 2003 explorers too--is to get into the keyless entry pad.
If your vehicle has the numbered key pad on the drivers door you can press 7/8 and 9/0 at the same time and the doors lock and the factory alarm arms. What happens when you press those buttons is that the wires that go to them are momentarily grounded. In the driver's kick panel you will find those wires, one is solid yellow, the other is solid red. I don't rememeber on the 97, but on the 03's I pried out the keypad and used a DVM to make sure I had located the correct wires--they're pretty small and they'll be close together. Take your lock wire from the aftermarket alarm (assuming it has a momentary negative pulse)and split it into 2 leads. Hook those leads up to the yellow and red wires. Be sure to use a diode in each lead, stripe pointing to the aftermarket alarm lock wire, so that you don't permenantly connect the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons together.
Fast, easy, and works reliably.
rksc90 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2006 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
haha thats brilliant, never thought of that, I was going to wrap up the dash and kick panel if I never got any responses, I'll give it a go!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic