icon

number 1 car starter only for 07 Toyo FJ

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2006 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
I also agree with the above people that said to remove the VIP unit and install a unit that does both.
DEI makes very reliable units if you get one of the 1-way systems. Their older 2-way system remotes can be a little fragile. Their SST systems just came out so we can't really evaluate their long term durabilty.
Compustar also makes very good units. Their 2-way remotes are a lot more durable than DEI's.
Lots of companies make good units. I have installed a lot of different brands over the years, and the above are the best of what I have used.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 27, 2006 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  

John,   this forum is what makes our group of contributors great, not just yourcountry.... keep in mind many of the contributors here are from Canada (like myself), the UK, etc. etc

this forum in my eyes is a guys bunch of guys and gals with an unsurpassed industry pool of knowledge.... border lines on a map mean nothing here....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2006 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  
Well, I guess I will contribute my experience and opinion to this one too. My opinion would be the 5204 Two-Way Alarm/Starter Combo or the 4204 Two-Way Starter from AstroStart. Great range, reliability, and again, like every installer knows, the quality of the install is what matters most. Been installing now for 8 years and have dealt with most of the DEI brands, and they each have their own pros and cons, aswell with Astro. Astro is now a DEI brand, I think somebody mentioned that earlier, but Astro still manufactures them, DEI just markets thems. I like Astro because of the reliability, range, durability, user friendly, and TONS of options.    
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2006 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

Look in to ultra starts I have done a lot of their 2 way pagers range is awesome, reliabilty, and very user friendly....

dieselbreath 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2006 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  
I bought an Omega RS-4LX Remote Start.  Their Tech Support is non-existent.  It ties into the factory keyless remote and uses the keyless remote fob.  It's signal wire (pink) is supposed to go to the keyless remote control module's auxiliary output.  Does anyone know which wire that is and where it's located?  Also, I will likey need to hook up the Omega unit's Yellow wire, which is 12V + output whenever the Ignition switch is ON but the Omega unit is not energizing the ignition circuit.  This has to do with being able to operate the door locks while the remote start is running.  It says to connect it to the host unit's (keyless control module) ignition input wire.  Any idea what wire that is and where it's located?  I'm not a dummy; I'm a CMTT but the instructions with this Omega unit are kind of sketchy.  Thanx.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic