Remote Start, 2001 Chevy Tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fortisi876 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

I cant let this thing BEAT ME!!!! Haha!

BTW: I do have the 1250TL fwiw. The only reason I gave tachless learning a try is cuz the crimestopper RS I installed in my truck a few yrs ago worked without any issues that way.

caraujo11 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
where in nj are you?  I run a shop in sussex. give me a call. 973-875-2754 . 
fortisi876 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  

Im in Wayne........Alright cool! I'll probably take you up on that offer if things dont go right.

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  

the ultra will honk when a system reset is done and the horn out put wire is hooked up, thats normal. Does the truck crank each time it tries to start? How is the 555lw hooked up are you using the orange wire from remote start to trigger it? does the 555lw have power and a good body ground? And yes the white in the gauge cluster has always worked for tach. The tachless on the ultras leaves something to be desired. 

fortisi876 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  

the ultra will honk when a system reset is done and the horn out put wire is hooked up, thats normal. OK THNX!

Does the truck crank each time it tries to start?  YES, it sounds like it's started BRIEFLY until it turns off, then tries again. I know the 3 attempts part is normal I just dont know why it keeps turning off.

How is the 555lw hooked up are you using the orange wire from remote start to trigger it? I actually do NOT have the 555LW, I have the older version, I guess, its just a 555L. This is how its connected >  blk/yell = yellow (r-code bcm side), yell = yellow  **color on the left side = is for the 555L, the right side is the car color.**

does the 555lw have power and a good body ground?  YES

And yes the white in the gauge cluster has always worked for tach. The tachless on the ultras leaves something to be desired. OK, I'll take your advice and reattach the tach wire.

Im wondering if I shouldnt be using the RED / white wire as one of the constant 12V wires?

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
555l and 555lw are the same thing one just denotes it comes in a white box and the other in a blister pack.  Well with the exact way you describe I think your bypass is not functioning causing your no start. I see your problem the black doesn't go to ground it is grounded on the orange black wire running in the passlock harness it will be the same gauge as the the yellow wire that is snipped. strip off someinsulation and wrap the the black wire from the 555 around it then start the car with the key and let it run to program the bypass.....I haven't used any 555l for awhile forgot about the ground reference wireRemote Start, 2001 Chevy Tahoe - Page 3 -- posted image..
fortisi876 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  

Jeremy: thnx for being patient with me!

Im not sure what happened to my post above I could swear that I posted ALL of the wire connections, I might of hit something before hitting the reply button. Anyway I was mistaken and just went out to dbl check the black wire from the 555L IS connected to the blk/orange wire in the passlock system.

Quick question: Before I go nuts wiring the entire thing up again and find out its a brain issue, can I hook up x amount of wires real quick to check if this thing works w/out all the other bells & whistle options?

Also have you guys ever heard of a 555L going bad or coming bad from the manufacturer? Before knowing I had one wired up in my truck already I had ordered one online so if you think its possible I might try hooking up the new one.

Thnx for you patience guys!

Firstnbass 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
sorry if im asking the same questions as sombody else, i skipped to the last page.
does the truck start with the key?
have you inserted the key in the ignition and attempted to start it with the RS with the 555l unpluged?
ill be on most of the day here.
*ALwaYs KnoW YoUr SaLEsmAN!!*
fortisi876 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
Going by memory, yes I did try with the key but it did not crank at all. I had to plug everything in for it to start with the key.
Firstnbass 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
where are you with this? my AIM name is Firstnbass get me there if you need help still
*ALwaYs KnoW YoUr SaLEsmAN!!*
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic