Viper 791xv, 2004 Camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

green6767 wrote:
I would suggest not kicking your car to see if you have an alarm or not. That made me laugh when I read that...haha. The factory security in that car wont matter anyway, because it disarms with unlock and lock from the remote starter.

Actually, it disarms from keysense when remote started, not locks....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jzlitao 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:

The way to tell if a Camry has a factory alarm is to simply look next to the radio for a security light. Having keyless makes no difference, it can come either way. This is the relay you need, comes with a socket...

http:///.com/5-PACK-12V-DC-20-30-Amp-Bosch-SPDT-Relay-Socket-NEW_W0QQitemZ120046306732QQihZ002QQcategoryZ75389QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No security light. Thanks,

Link does not work.

jzlitao 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
jzlitao wrote:
Mike M2 wrote:

The way to tell if a Camry has a factory alarm is to simply look next to the radio for a security light. Having keyless makes no difference, it can come either way. This is the relay you need, comes with a socket...

http:///.com/5-PACK-12V-DC-20-30-Amp-Bosch-SPDT-Relay-Socket-NEW_W0QQitemZ120046306732QQihZ002QQcategoryZ75389QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No security light. Thanks,

Link fixed. sorry.

Thanks for ur link. I ordered two from ebay. 

jzlitao 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
snotdobbs wrote:
your gonna need an extra relay for second start.........and another one for trunk pop if you want to add that......
I figured out that I need cut the starter wire in half and connect the green wire of Viper 791xv to the keyside of cut and purple to the starter side. Since 2004 Camry has two start cables and also need a 2nd start relay. Could anyone tell me how to get it connected? Before 2nd relay or after?
Someone also mention there is no techometer cable on 2004 Camry LE v4, is it truth? How to connect it with Viper 791xv.
Many thanks,
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  

On an o4 you will cut the BLACK/ white starter wire and connect as you state. The second starter wire is a thin BLACK / YELLOW(carefull, there's two at the switch) and needs a relay connected as follows. 30 and 86 go to 12volts, 87 goes to the second starter wire, and 85 goes to the thin purple wire on the plug on the back of the satolite relay(next to the ribbon cable).

Viper 791xv, 2004 Camry - Page 2 -- posted image.

As for Tach wire, you will find it at the clock above the radio, and also Gray plug to the right of the steering column.   Two ORANGE / black wires. The one closer to the middle is tach(thanks Chris).

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
jzlitao 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
Hi guys,
I love this forum. I can get all the information I needed within few minutes.
Thanks again for all the helps and I will start working on my little project once I receive Viper 961xv from UPS and will let you guys know the results.
Jzlitao
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:

green6767 wrote:
I would suggest not kicking your car to see if you have an alarm or not. That made me laugh when I read that...haha. The factory security in that car wont matter anyway, because it disarms with unlock and lock from the remote starter.

Actually, it disarms from keysense when remote started, not locks....

yes you are correct, but so am I. it will disarm from unlock. i'm looking at the data sheet right now and it disarms with unlock, and arms with lock. there are no separeate disarm/arm wires. it will disarm with key sense also, but for you to say it WONT disarm/arm with the locks is incorrect
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
green6767 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
repost sorry, server locked up on me.
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  

green6767 wrote:

If you were to do that, everytime you remote start it would have to unlock the drivers door first. Unlock may disarm but you can't use it for remote start, you must use keysense. This why i said incorrect...

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
green6767 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
it does unlock before remote start......then it locks again. so explain to me why thats not correct? I do these cars all the time, never hooked up a keysense wire.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic