the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Hornet 554T Viper 790XV, Clifford-1 Remote 2 Cars?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MPower 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2003 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  

I am currently looking at the Hornet 554T, the Viper 790XV, or the Clifford equivalent of the two - or any other 2 way paging systems.

Will any of these allow me to set up my two cars to be controlled by  the same remote? 

Also, I've got the Crimestopper 2-way system right now (broke the remote LCD, so it's cheaper to get a new system!!!) - it has a cool feature that lets me 'query' the system to see if it is armed or not from the remote - do any of the Hornet/Viper/Clifford systems allow this?  Thanks in advance

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2003 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
viper 790xv 2way show the system arm or unarm. i dont know about "query the system". the 790xv is pretty much a 550esp but have 1 lcd remote. the bad side to viper one is that it only comes with 1 remote and it cost 1/2 of the system.
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2003 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
the viper 790xv, the python 880xp only come with one remote, the hornet 554t comes with 2 an lcd and a regular remote. Personally I think the hornet remote it's much nicer. besides being smaller iit has a clock, temperature control, alarm clock and a color lcd display. Which the Viper nor Python have. But the range isn't as good. And no you can not use it to aperate 2 car the LCD display will only show one car. you might be able to program a button to arm, or disarm but it will no display on the remote.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2003 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
you can use a 476V or 476P with any responder system as a spare remote. cost is 40-45 dollars through most directed dealers. If you do decide you want the extended range of the respnder system. The hornet piece is very nice though and has all the features and a few new ones and looks a little nicer. I agree with Bnluis. The spare remote is also included. Good site with a good price on the DEI 554T (Hornet 2 way) is www.autotoys.com.
Steve G

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic