icon

I need a good new amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmyinc 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2003 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I have to ditch the Lanzar amp, it sucks. I have 2  Fosgate HE 10" subs rated at 200 watts RMS 4 ohm coil. I need an amp that will slam these subs but no the bank. I was thinking about the RF 500BD 500x1 @2 ohms, run the 2 subs paralell for 2 ohm load into the mono amp. I can get this amp new on ebay for about $275. That is the most im looking to spend, more towards under 200. Ive seen some Profile amps pretty cheap, but how good are they? I want a good amp that will last.

Thanks,

Morgan

-Morgan
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2003 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
Profile amps are ok, they are not bad, but for the money get the Rockford it does not compare to the profile amps.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
pervitizm 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2003 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  

I would check out sounddomain. Right now they're having a sale on some really decent amps.  Here are some that I found on there site for you:

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/MTX6500D

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/LITS11000DCOMBO
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/ULTDT2800
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/ROC500BD

Check those amps out. They're prices range from $199.99 to $339.99

live & die 4 tha luv of BASS!!!!
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2003 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  

Watch your gains if you decide to go with the RF 500BD.  Its rated at 500x1 RMS, but here's the breakdown specs... 300x1 at 4 ohms, 600x1 at 2 ohms.  One of the nice things about RF amps is that they are constantly underrated.  My 500bd was tested at close to 700 watts at 2 ohms, even though factory specs say 600!  Running your 10's in parallel will give you the 2 ohm load (basically 300 watts per sub).  Your subs are 200 watts RMS.  If you crank the gains, you're gonna blow those 10's in a heartbeat.  Be careful....

Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
themagicone 
Silver - Posts: 325
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2003 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
I'd go with it, I got one HE2 400RMS and I run it into a 200.1 Amp at 2 ohms, i can pound the hell out of my car.
messiah9966 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2003 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
Rockford, Rockford, Rockford. I think there over rated. Don't get me wrong- they do make good amps, but they are not always what they are cracked up to be. First of all they rate their amps at like 14.3 volts or something like that, abd have you ever looked inside one of their cheaper amps? Cheap, Cheap, Cheap! Don't be sold on an amp just because of the name!  If you want a good reliable, powerful amp try the concept 500m. I would put this amp up against a rockford any day of the week!! It's rated at 500watts rms at only 12.5Volts!! That's a little more realistic don't you think?By the way, this is a mono block amp, and it can run 2ohm all day long. It also has a built in variable lp xover with an 18db slope, not to mention a variable sub-sonic filter and a bass boost circuit. It has rca preamp full output and has a remote bass knob port. All power and speaker connections are terminal block set screw style (not the cheap screw down barrier style). To top it off, concept offers a three year warranty, one of which is over the counter. This amp retails for about $399 canadian. I don't know what this would be in U.S. but probably right in your price range.  It also has a smaller sister with all the same features but at 250watts rms called a cc-250m if the cc-500m is too much money. Check it out!
r. clark

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic