the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Orion 2150 SX Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
radiomk1 wrote:
I doubt they were made for a bandpass box and I really cant afford payin for new enclosure at the moment.
If they weren't designed for a bandpass, then why are they in a bandpass? If a speaker is not designed for a bandpass enclosure, thay can literally be destroyed, in very short order, by putting them in one. If that enclosure wasn't given to you, and you paid to have it built, you got taken, and now it's going to cost you more to have a proper enclosure built. If you don't spend some cash to have a correct enclosure built now, you'll (potentially) tear your woofers apart, then you're looking at buying new woofers, too... So box only, now, or box and woofers later. Which is more expensive?
radiomk1 wrote:
My amp does 600X1 in 4 ohms mono which I figure is bridged. How can I figure which wires to hook up, I think it would be 1(+) from 1channel & 1(-) from the other channel but how do I figure out which channels (+)(-).  As far as the speakers I thought if I use the amp like this I can wire that to 1 speakers (+)(-) then jump that to the other speakers (+)(-). My problem there is that the bandpass box doesn't allow me access to the terminals. Can I just jump it on the outside of the box where the speaker wires connect to the (+)(-) terminals.
YOU CAN'T BRIDGE IT TO BOTH WOOFERS. You can, but if you parallel the voice coils i.e. amp +, to woofer 1 +, to woofer 2 +, and the same with the - side, you are briging into 2 ohms, which is the same as 1 ohm per channel, which you amp cannot handle. I explained that to you in my previous post. You CAN run amp +, to woofer 1 +, from woofer 1 -, to woofer 2 +, from woofer 2 -, back to amp -, but that is wired in series, 8 ohms, which is the SAME load as running the amplifier in stereo at 4 ohms... You are STUCK WITH 150 WATTS PER WOOFER!
radiomk1 wrote:
Would turning my speakers inside of the box so when you look through the bandpass boxglass you see the magnets of the subs. Will this make them sound better worse? It would solve my speaker wiring terminal to teminal problem.
No, to both. It will sound the same, either way.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic