icon

06 Dodge deisel issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
I did a Asto 2205 with a chdl7 pk2 bypass today, also installed and Edge / attitude module into the truck.. Did the rs 1st, no problems... Then installed the edge unit. No problems seemed to exist after that either. My client called back saying that the cruise controle doesn't work and the shift indicator block on R D 123 doesn't come up.. but P and N have the square around them.   Anyone ever run into this? The edge unit has the turbo cool down feature, so it does plug into the ign harness, and the original harness plug then runs into the T of the edge, then the RS comes into play. Any info or ideas would be appreciated! Thanks guys..
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
topper 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
Had exact same problem I fixed for another company. It's the alarm call Don at 561-315-7053
azn_fcuk 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 5:12 AM / IP Logged  

I had the exact problem on a the Mega Cab, I couldnt figuare it out.

Heres the funny part, after i d/c the bypass the check engine light came on and when you released the brake the facotry alarm went off.

I couldnt figaure it out.

Topper you are saying it the factory alarm?

Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
Cool, I'll give him a shout... any other ideas would still be great! Dodges and I have NEVER gotten along.. Lifting lowering, ad now their stupid muxed starting system... can they screw things up any more? But ya gotta live with them I guess, they sure arn't going anywhere soon...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
fivestar 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
I Did a 2500 Ram with same probalem but it has more ignitions then before so watch out
Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
What do ya mean? more ign? pink whit for ign, accy is taken care of by the bypass along with the 2nd starter.    I'm really just hopeing it is a fuse... but the chances of that are probably pretty slim.. One more thing, this had some type of module hooked to the green / yellow starter wire.. The wire was cut, and one site went to a white wire, the other side went to a red. It was attatched to the bottom protion of the dash, and looked like some type of rf ID reader. neer saw one before, and the customer didn't know what it was... hard to describe.. had a black houseing, with the center portion looked rather scuffed up.. thought maey one of those payment deals that kill the car if ya don't make the payment....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
it's the CHDL7
I never use those on the 06/07 ram diesels, they cause problems, use a basic transponder bypass and two relays to do 2nd starter/accesory
edit- after I unplugged the bypass the gear indicators came back on.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
Hmm Ok I've never run into an issue with one, but it's definitly worth a try! Thanks....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
azn_fcuk 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  

extreme1 wrote:
it's the CHDL7
I never use those on the 06/07 ram diesels, they cause problems, use a basic transponder bypass and two relays to do 2nd starter/accesory
edit- after I unplugged the bypass the gear indicators came back on.

I dont think that is that case, when i did the 06 mega cab, i used just a universal trans, and relayed the acc and 2nd starter with resister and still had the same problems.

But everything makes me tend to believe its the bypass, i just dont see how it could affect your gear selection.

Hymer 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
I had the customer pull the DTCs of his edge unit and it came up with a park / neutral selector error...   no CE light though... Has anyone tried the 532 platform on these yet?.. When I get the truck back I will definitly try the relay resistor method... I have had that work before just was hoping for a easier install with the bypass.... shucks... stupid dodge...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic