DEI Python 1400XP and Hummer 3 2006

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dr. chris 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
Greetings all!
Does anyone know anything about installing a DEI Valet 1400 XP on a2006 Hummer 3? As you can see from the following link and my posts,Circuit City seems confused as to the vehicles this system iscompatible with. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4165
My personal experience: Ok, so I have Circuit City install the DEI Viper Starter/Door Kit(nobody else could do it before January). After they are done, theresults are:
1) It starts fine using the DEI kit, BUT;
2) You must always use the DEI remote. If you lock it using thefactory FOB and try to start it with the DEI FOB, it starts but thealarm goes off.
3) Using the DEI FOB does not arm the alarm.
4) The padlock security light on the dash does stay on when thevehicle is remote started, even after the key is inserted. One mustturn the vehicle off with the DEI FOB and then turn the vehicle backon with the key to get rid of this light.
5) Installer said he had to use the auxillary port on the DEI starterto run the bypass so the rear defrost does not work. He said he couldtry a separate bypass, but I'd have to go back for that. And he saidit may not work due to the wire pulse, etc. etc. etc.
While it works, I am not sure this is the system to go with due to thevarious compromises.
Chris
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
you have to use the dei fob. it does not disarm the sysetm. the only way to arm is with the factory fob. if this is a problem, use two fobs. not sue on th dash light staying on. he could use the status output of the relay pack instead of the second status wire in the r/s harness. the r/s harness second status could be used for rear defrost. Have him swap it.
mando2155 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
  Do all of your accesories come on when you remote start the truck?     ive seen this happen in these vehichles before and even after you turn your key not  everything turns on.  Just like you said you have to turn of the truck and start it with the key to get everything to come on.  It turned out to be the way the bypass module was starting the truck.   Once  the module was properly programed it worked fine.  In that case it was a  PLXR bypass,  what part did CC use for a bypass?
dr. chris 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
Hi all,
They put the 457GW bypass module in. Is this the PLXR?
Accessory initiation really isn't an issue for me but the whole alarm activation thing is.
I'd really like to figure out a way to make the DEI remote do everything - otherwise, I am likely going to have them pull it out and refund my money as they didn't tell me that this set of circumstances would exist post-install.
Does anyone know of an R/S unit, that unlocks the doors and arms/disarms the system, all using one remote?
Thanks,
Chris    
Chris
mando2155 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
  one of my  installers just did this same vehichle last week and we used the DEI 556L for a bypass.  It is true that you wont be able to arm/disarm factory security with the DEi fob, however if factory security is armed the 556L will disarm the alarm when the truck starts.  Sounds like thats whats bothering you the most.  Your truck is basicly the GMC Canyon/ Chevy Colorado and wires up the same as far as remote starts go.  With the 457gw the truck will still see the R-code so it starts but it doesent see it in the proper sequence which is why your lock light stays on and you have to shut the truck off and restart it with the key.  All of these problems will go away with the 556L  or the 556LW (same part).  The 555L is a similar part but will not work.  Must be the 556L.  There is no alarm that will arm and disarm your factory security.  The brand of alarm makes no difference the problem is that there is no connection available for any alarm to connect to in your vehichle that will perform that function.  Well at least i havent seen any wire diagrams for your truck that have listed any.  Who knows maybe in a year or two there will  be more info on your truck, but as it stands right now your factory fob is the only option for factory arm/disarm.  By the way what CC were you at?
mando2155 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
If you really want everything on one remote you could have your factory fob activate the remote start  and not use the Dei fob,  but the range on the remote start would then be limited to your factory systems range. 
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
have not seen a h3 with factory alarm,( is it an aftermarket alarm? ) but if eqipped should arm, if you lock the doors with the drivers door open, truck seeing passlock resistance would disarm on start, then just have to find a wire that shuts it down on unlock,( but as i said i havent seen a factory alarm , must be new option for 07)instead of 556l for 2nd ign, acc, and key sense/hybrid passlock, it is easiest for me to use 2 relays have always done it this way on new gms, and have never had the theftlock light stay on, as stated if you piggy back the remote start on the factory fob, your range will suck!
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
oops sorry for the double post! i dont believe the 457 will function on this vehicle and that would explain your problems, tell them to either wire up the hybrid passlock system using 2 relays or at the worst the 556l
dr. chris 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all,

Thanks for the most excellent information. I will relay it to the installer. The H3 (a 2006) does have the factory alarm. Perhaps it was a later model 2006. It works by sounding the horn.

Honestly, range really isn't an issue for me, so using the factory fob only might be a realistic proposition. I'd say I'd be happy if it stayed operational within 250 feet. But I'd most certainly want to pursue the most beneficial choice first before limiting my options.

Thanks again,    

Chris

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic