Indentifying Foglight wire Explorer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ainami 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  

Can anyone help me with finding the Foglight wire on a Explorer 06

I found it at the light switch, but the Ignition needs to be turned on to work. So I am looking for the wire thet goes to the foglights itself.

Any help will be appreciated

ainami 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  

I still don't have any luck locating the wire to the fog lights. What I want to do is to connect the fog lights and the sidemirror  lights to the viper 5900 so when I r/s the car these lights will come on. But so far I have no luck with locating the wire to the fog lights.

Anybody has any idea where it's located and what color wire.

Thanks

bsd1 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
You need to locate the relay of the fog lights. You said ignition is needed for it to work, how about parking light or headlight? If both are required, you should replace the wire from ignition to the fog light with relay with a constant 12V+, this way the fog lights depend on just parking light.
If only ignition is required, you don't even need to locate the fog lights wire, you just T the alarm wire to that wire that goes to the ignition and use diode to protect the ignition.
Once again, locating the fog lights wire doesn't help because that isn't how fog lights are wired. Instead, it's thru a fog light relay.
ainami 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  

bsd1, thanks for your response.

Yes, the ignition and te parking lights are both required for the fog lights. I completely undestand about eliminating the 12V from the igniton and bring constant +12V instead. But can you maybe tell me what wire to look at that from the ignition  to the Fog light relay.

Thanks

bsd1 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 4:03 AM / IP Logged  
At the fog light relay:
85 - parking light wire (it's to be used to energize the relay)
86 - constant chasis ground
30 - fog lights wire
87 - ignition
When the relay is energized, 87 connects to 30.
The wire you need to locate is the one that goes to 85. Your car might wire differently, if 85 appears to be a solid ground, then 86 is the one you need.
Basically, you only mess with the wire that energize the relay, not the fog lights wire nor the ignition wire.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic