icon

2002 BMW 325 Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
Hello, I'm installing a RS999TW1 in a 2002 BMW 325 and I have a few questions.
1. The wiring diagram from installogy says the horn wire is - yellow/brown at the steering harness. I see a wire that color but it is also twisted with a yellow/black wire..
I am afraid to cut into and test this wire for fear that it may be the airbag. Can anyone confirm or suggest what I should do?
2. The locks say WHITE/ black and blue/red at the 54 pin module behind the glove.. I found that module and those wires. They say they are negative. When I test teh WHITE/ black wire nothing happens when I hit lock/unlock and when I test the blue/red wire it reacts to BOTH lock/unlock.. Any ideas???
3. The brake wire. Says BROWN / white but I've tested all four wires at the brake switch and none of them do anything when I test them!! WTH?
Thanks!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  

To test the brake wire, turn the key on...I know sound stupid, but try it.

Your lock wires....don't use the factory transmitter to test, use the key in the door.

To test your horn, use your DMM and clip on to the wire and honh the horn.

LOCK

: This car is equipped with a anti-theft system that works with a transponder in the ignition key. See our ALARM diagram.
 UNLOCK Blue/red At general module Pin #22   - 
 This wire may require 2 pulses to unlock all the doors, the first pulse will disarm and unlock the driver's door. For remote start you must send a lock pulse after start to re-lock the door. : This car is equipped with a anti-theft system that works with a transponder in the ignition key. See our ALARM diagram.
 DOORPIN RED / blue At general module   + 
 This wire is theater dimming and may cause a problem with the doorpin inputs of some security products, if this happens you can use a relay to isolate the wire. In some instances the domelight may come on when a remote starter reaches the end of it's cycle causing an after market alarm system to trip unnecessarily. By opening both WHITE/ RED / YELLOW DOTS and VIOLET / YELLOW wires at the general module (middle plug) during remote start using relays. This will keep the domelight off on starter shutdown.
 HOODPIN PURPLE / green At general module   - 
 This wire may require 2 pulses to unlock all the doors, the first pulse will disarm and unlock the driver's door. For remote start you must send a lock pulse after start to re-lock the door.
 TRUNK PIN WHITE/ brown In driver's kickpanel   - 
 TRUNK RELEASE Gray/red At release switch in dash   - 
 FACTORY ARM Arms with lock wire      
 FACTORY DISARM Disarms with unlock wire      
 BRAKESWITCH BROWN / white At switch above brake pedal   + 
 PARKLIGHTS See notes      
 Please refer to the TIP diagram on powering vehicles parklights.
 HAND BRAKE Blue/BROWN / yellow dots At plug on parking brake lever   - 
 HORN BROWN / yellow At steering column   - 
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

To test the brake wire, turn the key on...I know sound stupid, but try it.

That worked. Thanks!
KarTuneMan wrote:

Your lock wires....don't use the factory transmitter to test, use the key in the door.

Still having problems with this. The blue/red wire rests at around 5v and then goes down to about 3.5v with both the lock and unlock press. The WHITE/ black wire rests at 0v and doesn't change with unlock/lock. The wire doesn't change with the lock/unlock button in the center console but does change to the factory keyfobs if that helps.
Any other ideas??
Thanks a lot!
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. Got the locks..
One last thing.. I'm using a universal bypass and I need to wrap the wire over the cylinder but the plastic piece that covers the cylinder doesn't look to come off. I don't want to force it and I assume there is a trick to get it off.
Anyone know it?
Thanks again!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  

For your bypass....GO TO THE DEALER. get the factory ring, less than 30 bucks. It will work EVERY TIME.

Wire it like this....don't waste your time on the strandard "key in the box" bypass, OR try winding one yourself.!!!

NOTE: The information on this sheet is provided on an “as is” basis with no representation or warranty of accuracy whatsoever. It is the sole responsibility of the installer to

BMW IMMOBILIZER anti-theft bypass

PLEASE NOTE: Many remote start manufacturers now offer kits designed to bypass this type of security. Contact your

supplier to find out about obtaining one of these kits before installing your remote starter. If one of these kits is not

available to you, do the following.

HOW IT WORKS: There is a small chip in the ignition key called a transponder. When the key is inserted into the

ignition switch it sends a code to the vehicles computer through a receiver coil mounted to the barrel. Once the computer

has identified it as a valid key, it enables the starter and fuel management systems. At present, there is no way to get

around this security without sacrificing 1 of the vehicles keys and installing it under the dash as shown in our diagram.

BMW’s come with a small black valet key. This key can be used in this bypass.

There are 2 small wires (usually GREEN) running out from the plastic cap on the ignition switch. Cut one of the 2 wires

and connect the key side to pin 87a and the car side to pin 30. Use a small 24-26 gauge wire to make a coil of about 15

to 20 turns around the key. Wire one end of your coil to pin 87 and the other side to the uncut wire from the ignition

switch. The GROUND OUT on pin 85 of the relay refers to the wire from your remote starter that goes to ground when

the starter is activated. Once this circuit is tested and working, the keyway should either be cut in half or the key should

be hidden well under the dash.

tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
Well I already have the bypass and it's the last thing I need to do. Do you know if there is a trick to getting the plastic off they cylinder?
Thanks for the above. I'll use that next time.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic