icon

04-05 Titan rs wierdness

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mdd0127 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
I put Audiovox aps-55tw remote starters in two Nissan Titans and they are both having some strange problems.
On the 2004, the windows were acting wierd before I ever touched it. They would periodically roll themselves down. Now that I put the remote start in, they're doing it more often. When it is remote started, the air conditioning button comes on, even if it was parked with the heater running.
On the 2005, when it's hot outside, it intermittently locks the doors by itself. This isn't really a big deal but if you happen to leave your keys in the truck, it can be a big problem. It's completely random too. Sometimes it will lock after 15 minutes, sometimes it takes 4 hours.
I used the directwire DB for info on both trucks. I researched on here before I did the installs and it looked like they were pretty simple. I used dei 556u's on both. I didn't hook up both starter wires though so they'll be coming back in to get that done. Any info or tips on the window/locks issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Danny
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
apperantly if you pulse the lock / unlock wires [said withthe ign off] it will roll the windows up and down... also said to run lock /unlock into the door, or solder directly into the BCM, as far as the rest, sounds like mabey some timing issues with IGN and ACCY but without the 2nd start being hooked in that could be your problem also...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
mdd0127 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
I used the RED / blue at the drivers door module for locks. I tested them by turning the key in the door. The remote start's locks are set to 1 sec pulse for lock and 2-1sec pulses for unlock. When I hook up both starters, do I need to use relays to isolate them or do I just hook them both to the start wire? I haven't had any issues with the trucks starting, even with the cold temps but I'm going to hook up the second starters anyway.
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
I have only done a handful of titans [last year] so the memory is a bit foggy, but I did hook everything up as told.. 2nd start , auto lite cut out and such.. I don't remeber isolating any of the main starter wiruing, and the locks I went into the doors for...hmm As far as the window thing goes, the wires need to be pulsed for 15 sec or something like that.. so I guess I would just reckeck all the wireing.. loose connections and such.... It could be the auto lite thing... need to diode isolate between the lock wire and a ground when running [stripe to the lock wire] then I have another diode in line with the lock wire [stripe to RS module] Relay setup : ground when running to pin 86 12v to 85 cut the yellow lite wire connector side to 87a and the other to 30 of an external relay...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
you can use a 6 amp diode jumped off the yellow start wire and attach to 2nd start wire. I put the same aps-55 in 05 titan - no problems at all. Hooking up 2nd starter wire shouldn't make a differance but it should be hooked up regardless or car might not turn over in cold weather
Cruisin Security And Sounds

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic