icon

compustar manual transmission

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ihkili18 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

Hey do any of you guys have experience installing the compustar models specifically made for manual transmissions? I know for reservation mode you have to hook up the parking brake wire. But how exactly does this unit bypass the clutch while remote starting . is there a dedicated wire for this coming out of the alarm brain? i know when the clutch is pressed one of the wires recieves 12 volts and the car will start. how does the compustar do this? any help would be appreciated

05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

there is no dediacted wire to bypass the clutch, you need a signal from the remote start unit usually the status or ground when running wire (I think)??

and then you need to wire up a relay, unless it is a vehicle that you can directly put the remote starters starter wire too

ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
ok so does anyone know the exact procedure? how exactly do you do it ,what wires do you hook up, when do you need a relay and when do you not need one.thanx
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

ihkili18 wrote:
ok so does anyone know the exact procedure? how exactly do you do it ,what wires do you hook up, when do you need a relay and when do you not need one.thanx

Sounds like you need to find a qualified installer.

South Side Audio
2501 S. High St
Columbus, OH 43207
ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
I prob should find a quality installer except i dont want to spend the money. I would rather learn how to do it myself with the help of patient people on this forum. I am a pretty mechanically inclined person who just has never done this before. So again does anybody have the info to help me.thanx
m2736185 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  

No reason to find an installer i am sure you can do it on your own, For the clutch bypass, if your clutch switch is ground when the clutch pedal is pressed to the floor your relay would look something like this (30) Ground, (87) Clutch Wire, (86) + starter wire (85) would need to be ground when R/S is initiated. Usually you can use the blue/white wire on DEI but if you have any extra channels you can always program is to ground for 30 seconds and use that. Or if you want to do it an easier way you can either zip tie  the switch or ground it.

ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
thanx so much for the reply and encouragement m2736185. also is it possible to accomplish this without a relay on a 2006 acura rsx type s?
m2736185 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  

well the "right way" would be to do it with a relay. Depends on your definition of the right way. With out a relay you would have to either disable the clutch switch or the easy way which would be to tape or zip tie the clutch switch so that its always pressed.  But keep in mind if you do this the car will start in gear without having to press the clutch. btw you would have to find out what type of clutch switch you have to figure out the right relay configuration,

ihkili18 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
thanx a lot and i really appreciate your help
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2006 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
There is a (-) starter output on the Compustar. I believe it is RED / black. You can connect that directly to the wire at the clutch switch. I would have to check to see what color wire it is at the clutch switch. No relay needed, and it doesn't bypass the clutch all the time.
I happen to have an RSX....and a Compustar.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic