icon

amp for 2 power akoustik mofo 12's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thor81012 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2006 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
so i have 2 power akoustik mofo 12's 2400watt peak 1200rms 4ohm dvc can anyone give me a suggestion on an amp to buy that im not goin to have to upgrade my alt or ne thing of this nature ive considered useing 2 optima batteries in my car one for the car and one just for my system but what do i need to buy to do that like an isolator or sumthing?
tcbturbosux 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2006 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

1st... each sub is a dual 2 ohm. In series will be 8 ohms ea. Parallel them down to 2 ohms

2nd... a Silver Anniv. Power Acoustik 5500, or 2) Power Acoustik a1800db amps, or a Power Bass X-Treme 4000 watt

3rd... a capacitor (@ 1farad = 1000 watts) will help

4th... 2 yellow tops in parallel will help also

I am running 4 Power Acoustik 1800db amps on 4 mofo 12's with a Power Acoustik 20 farad cap

..................imagine 151db of street bass tuned to 34 htz. 

Uncle Gumby
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2006 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
Be more specific with your questions. It's unclear exactly what you're trying to achieve. Do you want your system to be extremely loud, or are you just trying to add a little bottom end to your music? Nearly any amp will work, so long as you don't feed them too much power. However, the type of sound you're going after will dictate which direction you go. Let us know what your intentions are so we can better help you.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2006 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
tcbturbosux wrote:

1st... each sub is a dual 2 ohm. In series will be 8 ohms ea. Parallel them down to 2 ohms

2nd... a Silver Anniv. Power Acoustik 5500, or 2) Power Acoustik a1800db amps, or a Power Bass X-Treme 4000 watt

3rd... a capacitor (@ 1farad = 1000 watts) will help

4th... 2 yellow tops in parallel will help also

I am running 4 Power Acoustik 1800db amps on 4 mofo 12's with a Power Acoustik 20 farad cap

..................imagine 151db of street bass tuned to 34 htz.

First, ditch the cap idea and upgrade your big three...refer to the stickey for more info...a cap will not do squat especially for over 1000 true watts.
Second I would say if you want to run 2000 watts you prolly may want to start thinking about a HO alt.
Each sub wired in series would be 4 ohms nominal then parallel them together and you have a final 2 ohm load. In series each will NOT be 8 ohms.
Adding a second battery will let you sit with the car off or sit and idle with the system on for a longer period of time but won't keep the voltage above charging level.
I wouldn't use a battery isolator...rather a heavy duty relay
I don't really know what else to say besides how much do you wanna spend on an amp??

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic