icon

2007 Jeep Wrangler, Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
advanced 
Copper - Posts: 207
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  

Does someone have accurate wiring info for a 2007 Jeep Wrangler? I'm installing a Prestige remote start & I can't seem to get it from any of my resources. Thanks in advance.  

Good Enough Isn't!
topper 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  

I had same problems, no info on 2007 Jeep Liberty I installed Code Alarm CA-670. What I noticed is that the wire colors and locations were nothing like previous years.

The tech info from a 2006 dodge charger will help you thru most of the install. You need to bring a 30amp fused 10gauge wire in from the battery for all of your 12v. DO NOT use the 12V at ignition switch. Also your vehicle has 1 wire that is both you second starter and your accessory wire both at different resistances. Everything else on the car should be easy with your voltmeter. Allow an extra 2 hours for your install.

another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
as copied from another site, use at your own will:
I've done one today, it is same as the dodge magnum 06, well on this case there is not starter wire at ignition switch, the same resistor value on the PURPLE / brown wire, we didn't do locks, if you wanna do starter disable have to go to the fuse box(under the hood)have to remove the fuse box to gain access to the starter wire wich is yellow/gray.We used the 555cw bypass.
It's like if you were doing a magnum same location of each wire that you need for R/S combo.
(there's something i noticed about this car,there's a WHITE/ lt green wire going everywhere in the car)
THERE IS SOMETHING BAD ABOUT THIS WRANGLER, HOOD CAN BE OPEN FROM OUTSIDE JUST LIKE THAT
hope this helps you guys
parking lights are WHITE/ purple a(+) under front seat. very easy to get
advanced 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks, that gives me something to go on. I had a feeling it might be tricky, because neither DEI or Audiovox had wiring info posted. I'm doing the job for a customer in a few days. It is a Presige APS-57 remote start only. Any other input would be appreciated.
Good Enough Isn't!
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
here, someone else used this bypass instead of dei:
Fortin's Patschrysler04+ bypass
advanced 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  

I did the job & it all came out great. Knowing it is similar to a 2006 Dodge Magnum and a 2006 Dodge Charger really helped out. Thanks guys! The only glitch I had was that the horn chirps for half a second on remote start, if the factory alarm is set. I don't know if there's a factory alarm disarm wire somewhere, to prevent that. Is there a keysense wire that can be used also? 

Factory alarm disarms on remote startup, but it takes a half second. 
And it seems if you lock the doors (& set the factory alarm) with the factory remote(part of the key assembly), you need to unlock the doors with the factory remote also. 
The lock & unlock on my remotes does not arm & disarm the factory alarm.
It's not an issue with customer, so no big deal. But I would like to know how to fix that in future.
Good Enough Isn't!
dtarlo 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2007 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
what key interface did you use? and how was it for programming?
The Secret Of Life Is; There Is No Secret And You Don't Get Your Money Back
bwerth 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2007 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  

i am trying to put a bulldog 2 way remote starter in my 2007 jeep wrangler unlimited. i read the earlier post.. what color wire did you use for accesories? where did you pick up the wire.  what color wire did you use for the starter?  which wire diagram did you like the best of the dodges?

brian werth
advanced 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2007 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  

Accessory is PURPLE / dk. green @ the Ignition switch, through 600 ohm resistor & a relay (- trigger).

Starter is same wire through 180 ohm resistor & a relay (-trigger).

The 06 dodge Charger & 06 Dodge Magnum seem identical, as far as wiring.

Good Enough Isn't!
theronsmith 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2007 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
anyone know where the park light wire is? and what color it is?
chevy II
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic