icon

03 accord Rear defrost wire location?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nonstopboost 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
I am in need of a convenient wire location on the rear defrost line of an 03 Accord!!! if anyone has seen an 03 accord dash there just isnt an easy way to get to the back of this unit!! so i was hoping for an easier way???
nonstopboost 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Ok it doesnt need to be convenient!! I just need a wire that when added either power or ground it switches the rear defrost on!!! I have check several wires and have been unsuccessful!! There has to be someone out there that has done this!
topper 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
What are you trying to do? Are you trying to activate rear defrost with a remote start unit?
nonstopboost 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
yes i am tryin to get the rear defrost to come on during remote start, and originally i wanted to make it easy and not have to remove the whole radion unit!! Too late, i already took that out, i found the wire yellow/black in the green plug on the back of the HVAC unit that shows 12v when off and 0 volt when the rear defrost button is pressed!!! but i cant seem to get that wire to work with me in a relay!! I have tried to send a ground to the wire to turn it on and even a power!! both were unsuccesful in turning on the rear defrost!!! so im torn!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
There are 2 places to get the defroster trigger wire. The easiest is under the dash in the harness coming from behind  the fuse box. Its BLACK / YELLOW, it's a REAL heavy guage wire, it needs a latched POS(+) pulse...... The other location is under the hood. @ the defroster relay. The other way requires soldering onto a pin on the relay under the hood.
alexlloyd 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  

And when all else fails you can simulate pushing the switch using this :

03 accord Rear defrost wire location? -- posted image.

nonstopboost 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
I will try to find the wire first but other wise i will try the two relay part!!! but will this still allow me to manually turn on the rear defrost by just pushing the button??
bbtaco 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
I think the defroster wiring in the 03 model may be the same as the 06. This is for an 06 EX(without auto climate control) or LX. While lying on your back under the drivers side dash, look at the very top area under the dash for a 20 pin brown connector. At pin #6 there is a small yellow/black wire that goes to the rear defogger. This wire can be activated by a timed (-) output from your rs. I have my wifes Accord wired like this and it works fine. Check all wiring with a DMM.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

The easiest is under the dash in the harness coming from behind  the fuse box. Its BLACK / YELLOW, it's a REAL heavy guage wire, it needs a latched POS(+) pulse......

Have you tried this yet?    EASY, I tell you!!!

punksux 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
YEs i found the heavy guage wire that come out from behind the fuse box, i tested it and yes it is infact the rear defrost wire, however it wouldnt allow me to switch it!! I used bbtaco's suggestion and it worked great!!! so thanks everyone for the suggestions!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic