icon

Speakers cutting out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stanger90 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

Guys I have a strange one for ya. Just installed a 900 VI crimestopper remote start (Cool Start) on my 98 explorer and 00 taurus. Both installs went great, but now something has rearer it's head that has me baffled. The taurus is cutting the speakers on the radio for a second when I shift the car into neutral or park, it could be cutting out the entire radio as it's located in the trunk, but the led on the dash desplay stays on? I also installed a heated seat system at the same time but can't see that causing the problem. Otherwise the intall was easy, except for the PATS system, got the wrong module. Any ideas where to start, must be back feeding somewhere right??

John

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
Where did you get power for your seat heaters....?
topper 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
temporarily disconnect the alarm brain and see if it does it. try disconnecting the seat heater also. If problem persists at least you ruled ou the obvious. If you car is a column shift , drop the lower dash put the E-brake on turn the ignition key forward depress the foot brake and shift you car into the diff,.rerent gears. make sure the linkage is not hitting any of your alarm wiring as you shift the full range of the gear selector . If so reroute and reinsulate your wires. If not, you got to dig deeper. let me now.
stanger90 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  

I powered the heaters directly to the acc wire on the ignition switch so they will heat when I remote start the car. It was easy to get at seeing I was already using it for the remote starter. It may be the heaters after all, I'll check them tonight when the wife gets home. I took the car to work last night and realized that I couldn't shut off the seat heaters. They work on high and low but when the switch is off the led light still blinks intermittently and the heat definately stays on. Thanks for the ideas Topper I'll check them tongiht..

stanger90 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  

Ok here is what I found. I powered the remote starts lines (both line have 20amp fuses in them) to the constant 12volt wires and the ingition switch, each on a different one as there are 4 hot 12volt lines at the switch. To trouble shoot the problem I pulled the fuse on the heated seat, nothing, same problem. Then both fuses for the alarm, bingo, worked fine. Put one back in, still worked, put the other in same problem?? hmmm must be the line I'm hooked to right.. nope. Put the two on the same good line and the problem was still there. Has to me something with the remote start giving a ground pulse or something. I pulled the fuse and stuck a 4005 diode on it's place and it worked. Soldered that in line and replaced the fuse and it works fine. I also tested the heated seat and the switch is bad, if it wasn't for bad luch I wouldn't have any!! lol

Thanks guys,

JOhn

stanger90 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 4:04 AM / IP Logged  

Jumped the gun!!

Now this thing only cuts the speakers when I leave it in drive for about 30 seconds and then go to neutral or park. Still quite annoying!

Going to change the unit with the one in my explorer this weekend to see if the problem follows.

I even tryed going directly to the batttery with the powers and the same thing happens.

Any other ideas?

stanger90 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 4:04 AM / IP Logged  

Jumped the gun!!

Now this thing only cuts the speakers when I leave it in drive for about 30 seconds and then go to neutral or park. Still quite annoying!

Going to change the unit with the one in my explorer this weekend to see if the problem follows.

I even tryed going directly to the batttery with the powers and the same thing happens.

Any other ideas?

stanger90 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2007 at 4:05 AM / IP Logged  

Jumped the gun!!

Any other ideas?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic