icon

99 civic compustar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeff92lude 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2007 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  

k, so i just installed the new compustar pro in my civic.... hooked up everything to what i thought was right.... plugged in the unit.... and now everytime i press arm, instead of beeping twice it tries to start twice, and when i disarm instaed of beeping twice it tries to start twice. also when i set it in reservation mode the trunk open light comes on on my dash.. its soooo messed up. oh and if i start it remotely then when i go to open the doors and its already running, its cranks to try and start it even tho its already running. heres the connections i did someone please make sense of it. its probably only one wire....

thick wires:

red and RED / white - to white wire in ignition harness

green - to BLACK / YELLOW in ignition harness

white - to WHITE/ black in ignition harness

blue - to yellow in ingition harness (2nd ignition)

GREEN / WHITE - to thick black red in some other harness

yellow + yellow/black - split to either side to BLACK/ white (yellow/black to key side, yellow to starter side)

then the purple form the 2nd ignition relay goes to the little green on the compustar thats - 2nd ignition output

skinny wires:

little blues go to lock/unlock

the rest of that harness i didnt use

light blue to e-brake. (ran wire right to the ebrake)

status output wire i ran to the blue/black on the lower clutch switch (thinking thats the problem

light blue/white - to GREEN / WHITE on brake switch

yellow/black- blue wire on coil in engine bay

gray/black- hood pin

brown - to red wire of siren

the siren works, the locks work, and the starter WILL start the car, but i get all these extra cranks everytime i try to start it. oh and if i leave it in gear and the ebrake down and press any button it will start and lunge forwards intil it stalls. its messed. some one please please help

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
Wire/FunctionCM3000ColourLocation/DescriptionPolarity
 12 VOLTS RED (CN1) White Ignition harness  
 IGNITION GREEN (CN1) BLACK / YELLOW Ignition harness  
 ACCESSORY WHITE (CN1) Yellow Ignition harness  
 STARTER YELLOW (CN1)  BLACK/ white Ignition harness  
 KEY SENSE  Blue/white Ignition harness  
 TACH SIGNAL YELLOW/BLACK (CN3) Blue test connector  AC 
Under hood driver's side in a white plug
 LOCK BLUE/BLACK (CN4) GREEN / WHITE In driver's kickpanel or  
Factory alarm harness located behind radio. If car is equipped with factory alarm, see our SECURITY diagram.
 UNLOCK BLUE (CN4) GREEN/ orange In driver's kickpanel or  
Factory alarm harness located behind radio. If car is equipped with factory alarm, see our SECURITY diagram.
 DOORPIN RED / WHITE(-) or RED(+) (CN3) Lt.GREEN/ red In driver's kickpanel or  
 TRUNK PIN VIOLET/BLACK (CN3) Blue/black In driver's kickpanel or  
 TRUNK RELEASE VIOLET/WHITE (-) (CN4) Manual release    
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
BRAKESWITCH LT.BLUE/WHITE (CN3) GREEN / WHITE At switch above brake pedal  
 PARKLIGHTS GREEN / WHITE (+) (CN1) or (-) (CN2) RED / black At light switch harness  
 HAND BRAKE LT.BLUE (CN3) Manual only GREEN/ red In connector above driver's kick  
 HORN WHITE (-) (CN5) Blue/green At steering column  
 CLUTCH SWITCH Manuals only (see inst. Guide)  BLACK/ red At relay above driver's kickpanel  TYPE 1 

Manual or auto trans....? The listings above are the colors of the wires on the brain, AND the car. Compare your connections.

For your clutch you need to connect the starter wire from the compustar,  to the black.red at the clutch relay pack under the left side of the dash, INSTEAD of the starter wire @ the ign. harness.

Also....does your car have factory security?

jeff92lude 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  

yes my car is a manual and does not have factory security....

i did everything as u told me to except for these things i dont know:

first of all my unit says cm 4000...i dunno if it makes a difference.....im also in canada so maybe its just labelled different

ACCESSORY: white. the other guie says the white goes to the WHITE/ black of my cars ignition harness. if i put it on the yellow like u told me..... then i will have two wires from the unit on the yellow, because the blue wire (2nd ignition) is on the yellow. so if i change it then where does the blue go?

STARTER: yellow from brain. you say put it to BLACK/ white. currently it goes to the key side of the BLACK/ white and the starter side is fed from the yellow (12 v output to starter) is it not supposed to be split???

TRUNK RELEASE: i dont use right?

PARKLIGHTS: GREEN / WHITE (heavy guage) currently running to a thick BLACK/ red in a harness on the left of the steering column. you say it goes to a RED / black at light switch harness...are we both referring to the same thing?

HORN: i dont need if i have a siren right?

CLUTCH SWITCH: is wired right near the actual pedal to a blue/black is this wrong?

you wrote: "

For your clutch you need to connect the starter wire from the compustar,  to the black.red at the clutch relay pack under the left side of the dash, INSTEAD of the starter wire @ the ign. harness."

which starter wire from the compustar??? a thick one? at the top u said that the starter wire goes to the BLACK/ white at the ignition harness??? and is the BLACK/ red at the 'clutch relay pack' not the wire i have the parking lights attached to????

i feel like an idiot..... please help me

Jeff

jeff92lude 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2007 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
last thing..... right now im using the (-) status wire to bypass the clutch...is this right?
KarTuneMan 
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  

On the compustar web site the 4000 series is start only....correct? Thats OK..

The clutch. Like it said, just take the wire thats labled "starter output" from the compustar brain, to the clutch relay pack BLACK/ red, instead of the starter wire at the ignition harness.

Don't forget....no matter who, or where, you get your info from....test with your DMM.

I show accessory as being yellow on the car. This gets connected to the white from the compustar.

STARTER: yellow from brain. you say put it to BLACK/ white. currently it goes to the key side of the BLACK/ white and the starter side is fed from the yellow (12 v output to starter) is it not supposed to be split???  This is the wire you need to take to the clutch relay pack blk/red.

The parking light wire is NOT a heavy guage wire....it's found in the drivers kick panal. AGAIN....test the wires with your DMM....

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2007 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
I think he means the parkinglight output off of the brain is heavy gauge GREEN / WHITE, in this case it is. There is a fine fine gauge RED / black wire from the remote start brain that is negative starter output, this works for clutch switch tie. status output is sending this to ground whenever the the remote start is triggered probably leading to some of your issues. But as stated verify everything with a  dmm before a connection is made.
jeff92lude 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2007 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  

thanks guys.....i cannot for the life of me get this thing to work

no matter what i do.....it tries to start when i arm it and disarm it.

i have given up and am gonna take it somewhere to get done. its gonna be -30 celcius right away here and i want it done

OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2007 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
be careful, if you bought that unit on ebay or anything and it is not working, you could pay someone to install it and it still not work. You will still have to pay them for the labor and nothing will work again.
South Side Audio
2501 S. High St
Columbus, OH 43207

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic