icon

99 forerunner add on remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ShaunD912 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2003 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
Instead of powering two relays, is there a wire to power at the window relay in the hatch that will use the factory relay to roll the window down. It operates like the 529t from the factory. It seems like it would be much easier to just send the signal to the factory relay, but I'm not sure which wire it is or if it's possible. Thanks.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 23, 2003 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
You'll only need one relay, not two.
The negative-trigger red and RED / black wires coming from the switch DO power the factory relays; you can hear them clicking when you move the switch.
The reason you need your own relay is because the rear window is only enabled when the ignition is on....your relay is only used to power up the BLACK / YELLOW wire at the ignition switch.
If you had a Toyota service manual for the car, you might be able to rewire the vehicle so that the rear window gets power at all times; this would eliminate the need for the relay. But to go through the car to figure this out would take a good amount of time, and the customer might not like that his window works all the time now.
So think about the time it would require to sit down with the service manual, then go tearing into the car, then rewire it, then argue with the customer about why his window works all the time now....wiring up one relay is certainly easier than this.
Also, if you're doing a remote start that comes with external relays, like a DEI or Bulldog, you could make a setup that would trigger the 2nd ignition relay that's in the relay pack....this would be easier than setting up your own.
ShaunD912 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2003 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
I got it to work. I used a 611t timer relay to power two relays. One sent a - signal to the RED / black wire while the other powered both ignition wires. It would not roll the window down with only the second ignition powered. But everything works now. On the factory remote when you press the window button, it would roll all the way down. I was hoping to find a wire in the factory window relay to do this for me, but I had to add a timer instead. I'm just glad it works.
Thanks everybody.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic