the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 chrysler 300 check engine light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davidhdj 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  

Hello to all

I installed a Prestige APS996 on this car. everything works great except everytime you remote start the check engine lights up and stays on unitl i reset it. Can anyone help me out

D&M Auto Parts and Accessories
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
How did you interface with the PURPLE / brown MUX wire? Did you cut and use relays/resistors or did you use a module?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
davidhdj 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
I used the CHDL7-PK2, i didnt cut anything, just when you start with the key no check engine lit up, but when you remote start the check engine lights up and stay on even after inserting the key. i have to reset it every time.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
I have heard of the resistances not being correct when using those modules, although I have been using the PKU-CH2X module, which is essentially the same piece without the door lock interfacing and have yet to have a problem.
Use your DMM to measure the resistance values between your ground point and the solder connection to the PURPLE / brown. Make sure these values are correct. Did you make your own ground point in the kick panel? I usually solder on to one of the factory ground wires, right under the ignition harness, and have never had any troubles.
Where did you pick up +12V from? I do not trust the small gauge +12V at the ignition switch. I always go to the passenger kick panel for both +12V and for + parking lights.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
davidhdj 
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
I picked up the 12v from the ing sw. What color is @ the pass k/p. and again thanks a million
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
you can pick up 12v and (+) parking lights in the passenger kick like Twelvoltz said. Power is going to be a thick red wire and parking lights will be a WHITE/ purple.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
davidhdj 
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks I ran the wire to the thick red wire in the pass kick, still same problem, then i ran the 4pin BLACK / YELLOW pulse when crank wire from the aps796 to the PURPLE / brown wire and that works. BUT i just realized something that the GREEN / WHITE brake wire when i hit the brakes it automatically remote starts the vehicle without me hitting the remotes, Can that be explained, what did i do wrong
johnmax 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like you tied the blue/black activation input into the brake wire. You should be using BROWN / black to tie into your brake wire.
davidhdj 
Posted: February 11, 2007 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  

Hi johnmax

I used the BROWN / black wire. dont know whats wrong though

rwentworth 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2007 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  

does the PPKUCH from peripheral replace having to add 2 relays, and 180 ohm resistor, and 610 ohm resistor?  

Rob
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic