icon

can i put this in my '66 beetle?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
beetlebum 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2003 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
hi there, i have a '66 vw beetle, im planning to put 2 12 inch cv stroker and hifonics zeus gen xi, 2 sets of seps with an earthquake pa-2075 amp and a la cap 1.5 farad, is this possible or its too much for my car, im not planning to upgrade my alternator, im using a stock generator(alternator) that's rated at 51 amperes, so what do you think? can my car take the beating or my alt will just burn out? thanks
NyxBass 
Silver - Posts: 226
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2003 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure of the specs on those amps, but I do know that that Zues pulls some serious power. Doesn't it have DUAL 0ga. power terminals? But, I also don't know how much spare juice you have. If the accesories and such in your car are only pulling like 5 amps, an dthe engine only like 10, then you migh tget away with it (I thnk this is unlikely). I'd be pretty cautious about putting that kind of hardware into an older car without checking to see how much power is being drawn with all ACC (heater, wipers, defroster(s), headlights, etc.) on, and the car running. If you think you have enough headroom, go for it.
/NyxBass
beetlebum 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2003 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
thanks dude, myamp's spec's are, 350x2@ 2ohms, 1100x1@ 4ohms and 1200x1 @ 2ohms, so what do you think now?
nateq74 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2003 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  

it would depend on what resistance you set your speakers at

any questions email me at njginc@hotmail.com

Nathan Quinliano
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2003 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  

your stock alternator will not produce near enough power to run the Hifonics on its own, let alone the car and the rest of the stereo...the Strokers are really greedy subs, and need tons of power...you could use that amp on just 1 of the 12s and not be close to overpowering it...

what is the impedance load of the subs? dual 4? dual 2? single 4?

I would abandon that system unless you are planning on doing some serious alternator and wiring upgrades...I had 1700W on my Stroker 18 and was underpowering it...and the amp itself was drawing around 160A (a MMats d200hc)...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic