icon

94 mazda 626 keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mat dope 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2007 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
thanks, i really appreciate your help. i looked at this link here which is a kit to put power door lock in a car without any power locks, and it comes with a 5 wire actuator and 3 2wire actuators. so it seems the 5 wire controls the others so im just going to order that directed 5 wire and hopefully it will work for me, i dont see why it wouldnt. i would just go to a junk yard but the ones around here over charge like hell so i would probly pay 20-30 for that peice, no joke.
mat dope 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2007 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 94 626 lx and it has they type of lock where you move the actual lock on the drivers side and the other doors mimic it. i think i burnt up the motor in the drivers door and my power locks no longer work. (yes i checked the fuses)
anyway i bought a directed 5 wire door lock actuator to replace it and for use with my keyless entry. and dont really know how to install it.
originally there are 3 wires on the stock actuator. blue green and black. which go to a connector harness then change color, the blue becomes blue/red the black becomes GREEN/ black and the green becomes black.
how should i wire this new actuator up it has green blue white brown and black wires
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2007 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
Has someone already added an aftermarket actuator to the door? Otherwise, there is not  a motor in the drivers door of that vehicle.There is just a switch that tells the other doors what to do when the drivers plunger is moved. Putting an actuator in the drivers door will only lock and unlock the drivers door, until you can find out what went out. The other option is to add actuators to each door.
mat dope 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2007 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
inside the drivers door there is not a motor but i guess a type of swtich with 3 wires that controls the other acutators. i guess i burnt up the switch trying to install keyless enty. so i bought a 5 wire door actuator to put in that door so i can use the keyless entry. i figure the 3 stock wires from that switch would connect to it and the other two on the actuator to the relays for the alarm i just dont know what wires to use. of the stock wiring one seems to be always +12v one - and one that alternates.
fkelsey 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2007 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
You can add the acuator to the door to get it to unlock the other doors. The problem is you have to replace the switch so the other doors will function. Then your acuator can be used then go to
https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#arp
to wire up the acuator. Or like Mikvot said you can put acuators in all the other doors. I would replace the switch. You do not hook any of the switch wires up to the acuator. The plunger going up and down will operate the other doors. When the switch is working again.
fkelsey 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2007 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
Also if I remember right you will just use the green(lock) and blue(unlock) wires on your aftermarket acuator.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 29, 2007 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
If you use the latch on the door, and flip it "locked" , do all of the doors unluck, and lock?
mat dope 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
let me try to explain everything easyer. my drivers door has no switch so you just move the lock and the other doors mimic it because they have stock actuators.
well i didnt realize i need an extra actuator for the drivers door so i fried the stock "switch type" thing inside the drivers door that has 3 wires on it.
so i bought a 5 wire actuator to replace the stock switch and act as an actuator as well. the problem is i dont know how to hook it up.
it has a brown white black blue and green wires.
the stock switch thing in the driver door with 3 wires has a black green and blue. which goes to a harness which changes the wire colors and one of them reads 12v constant one seems to be A/C and one seems to always read ground.
please help me wiring this up.
fkelsey 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
Back to the original question when you turn your key in the door do the stock acuators on the other doors still work? If they do not work you absolutely have to fix your burnt up switch in your door. If you do not fix that you will have to put aftermarket acuators in all your doors. You do not want to do that if you don't have to. The aftermarket acuator will not make your doors start working again. The acuator making the doorlock plunger move in your driver door is what makes all the other doors lock and unlock. That works because of the factory switch that made all your other doors work when you used your key. You have to fix that switch first.
fkelsey 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2007 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
94 mazda 626 keyless entry - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic