icon

astroflex 2100 two ch programming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
albie 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2007 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
I have two cars with the same 2100's in them. I also have two remotes for each car.
We used to be able to start each others cars from either set of remotes. Now, car 1 can still start car 2 OK by the "double clutch" method to get to the second channel. Car 2 can only start car 2 now which is not what I want. How can I get these back to the way they were in the beginning where both sets of remotes will start either car? I have downloaded the install manual and it is not clear in how to program the remotes for the two channel, two brain compatibility.
Thanks
Albie
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 18, 2007 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  

Go to car one with  BOTH remotes. (remember wich remote is wich) flip up dip #8, push the brake. Hit lock ONCE on this cars remote, then hit lock twice, and hold...on the second cars remote (double clutch as you called it.) Flip down dip #8, push the brake. Car one is done, it should now start with remote one/car one, single push. It should also satrt with #2 car remote with the doulble push and hold. When programming the remote for car one (car ones remotes only) I would suggest douing BOTH of the remotes for car 1, then the remote for car 2.

Do the same thing for car #2, get BOTH of car #2's remotes, and 1 remote from car #1. Flip up dip#8, hit the brake. push lock on BOTH remotes from car #2, then do the double clutch form the remoe from car one!!! flip the dip down, hit the brake.....done Both of the remotes from each car should work on that respective car, and only one of the remotes will start the OTHER car....so remember wich remote to carry if you wish to start BOTH cars.

albie 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2007 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
I almost get it. But if I understand your instructions correctly, I will end up with just one remote from each set that will start both cars. What I want is both remotes from both cars to work on both cars.   Could you repost the instructions with this new info I supplied please?
Once I get this figured out, there's another thing I need to do to car1. It has to do with having to hit the the unlock twice in order to unlock all doors. I probably shouldn't go into that right now and should start another post with that problem.
Thanks
Albie
albie 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2007 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan,
Just tried your method and I got both remotes from both cars to work the way I want.
Now, can you tell me how to make all doors unlock with just one depress of the unlock? I have to hit it twice to unlock all doors. All switches are currently off.
PS. Hope I don't have to mess up the fixes I just did for the both sets of remotes to fix this unlock procedure.
Thanks
Albie
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 19, 2007 at 9:52 AM / IP Logged  
tell me what kind of cars you have. Call them car 1 and car 2.  year make model.
albie 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2007 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  

Car 2 , 99 Camry XL v6 works just fine and always has.  One push opens all doors.

Car1 is a 2004 Camry xle v6 and when the 2100 was initially installed, it was set up to require two presses to unlock all doors.  We now find that we would want it to work like car2 if its not much of a hassle.  One push to unlock all doors. 

Thank

Albie

KarTuneMan 
Posted: March 19, 2007 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
Put dips 2, 4, and 8 up. Hit the brake....wait till the unit cycles. Put the dips DOWN, hit the brake, test!
albie 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2007 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks. I didn't mention that the car has autolock on enabled and I would like to keep that. I assume that when I do this, it will clear all the other settings in level 10, and I should also put 7 up to keep the autolock. What about the two 0.7 settings in level 10? Do you think that both should be set for default 0.7?
KarTuneMan 
Posted: March 19, 2007 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
.07 is what you want... I was not aware of you having a programming manual. That makes it a bit easier. You don't need to change the ig. controlled locks, it should stay programmed.
albie 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2007 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks again. Yes I do have an installation manual that I downloaded. Thats where I got the idea that all options will be lost and I would have to reprogram that autolock(7up) to enabled again. I thought I read somewhere in the manual that all options would be lost in the level being programmed, and would need reprogramming to get them back to square one.
Albie
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic