icon

smartwindows 4 problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Forseti 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed the Clifford Smart windows 4 unit to my Avantguard 5 alarm. For some reason I cant get it to program... I enter installer programing mode with the valet buttons and I enter column 3 row 3 for programing smartwindows 4 but I get no confirm chirp. And when I pust the up button on the drivers door it only goes up about 2 inches and nothing else. Even without being in programing mode I have to hit my window button like 6 times to get the window all the way up for both windows..... what could be my problem ?
gkoutsis 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
I would advice you to get the clifnett program in order to program the smartwindows correctly.
Forseti 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2007 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
I have looked online to buy it but I cant seem to find anyone in the U.S offering it ...... and my local Clifford Dealer told me that the cliffnet cable is a "dealer only" item
gkoutsis 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2007 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  

Did you look on ebay?

Forseti 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2007 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
Sure did..... nothing listed .....
Forseti 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2007 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
What would cause the alarm not to go into programing mode? In the install book it says i should get 2 chirps to confirm im in the smartwindows programing mode... but i get nothing... and the windows do not cycle up and down like in install book says ....
antifork 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2007 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
are you holding the button for 15 seconds or are you starting the program mode when u here the first chirps?
c.c.autospa 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2007 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
The 1st time i installed a smart windows I had the same problem, but I figured out what the problem was. After you are in the program mode and have the selected the row and column for the program of the smart windows you have to press the lock/unlock buttom on your transmitter. Then you will hear the chrips and you hold the up button on the drivers window switch for about 2 seconds. Release the switch and allow the window to roll up. After the window reaches the top, it will pause. It will then automatically complete programming by rolling both windows up/down several times. Programming is complete when both windows vent. During the programming of the smart windows the alarm will exit the programming mode, dont panic because the windows will continue to program on their own.
cedric

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic