icon

1985 f250 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wendit 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2007 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a scytek astra 1000rs in my 85' f-250 diesel. It initailly would crack and once it fired it would die immediatly. I realized that the fuel shut off selanoid on the injection pump wasn't getting power when it stopped cranking. I them ran a jumper from the selanoid to the accessory wire. It now starts and runs about 5 seconds and shuts off. It then starts again and does the same thing. There is no tach in this pickup so I didn't hook up the tach wire. Is there a spot on the alternator that I could connect to? There are only two wires from the alternator, 1 that goes to the voltage regulator and the charge wire to the battery.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 17, 2007 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
Take a look at page 17 of your manual. The programming options allow you to put your system into diesel mode and increase your 'tachless' crank time. This will set the starter's cranking time and set the unit to sense voltage to know the vehicle is running.
You can also use any wire that increases voltage with rpm like a crank sensor or fuel injector.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
wendit 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 17, 2007 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
I have set it to diesel mode and have extended the cranking time. The engine is mechanicaly injected which means there is no injector wire, or tach wire that I could use. I will test the wire off the alternator to see if it increase with RPM. Any other ideas?
tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2007 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  

There should be a WHITE/ black wire on the alternator that you can use. Some systems have a hard time with that but I know that Astostart, Autostart, and Compustar can pick it up. Scytek might work, but I can't be sure. Astrostart selld a piece called a DTS. That stands for Deisel Tach Sensor. It is esentially a magnetice pickup that you zip tie to the alternator.

Twelvoltz is right tho, set it for voltage monitoring and you should be fine, unless it is a manual transmission, or you live in Alaska. Voltage sensing doesn't do so well past 20 below zero.

Northstart.....or start it your damn self.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic