icon

remote start wiring, 96 integra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
azintegragsrt 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2007 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  

so i was looking through some wiring of other people posting and they all didnt match up so i got question what wires do i tap into to my car for remote start?  i have a python 881xp with that relay pack.

so the realy pack has there wires

Purple(starter side starter wire) BLACK/ white   ?  do i cut my starter wire and connect the purle/ green wires where i cut it

Green(key side starter wire) BLACK/ white ?

Red (constant 12v) fuse box

Orange(accesoty out)  ?

Pink/white(2nd ignition)?

RED / white(constant 12v)fuse box

Pink (ignition) BLACK / YELLOW?

please help me out if you know what  wires i should tap into   thx

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2007 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  

Well its actually very simple.  You can actually connect the RED / white,red, wires together and connect to constant 12volt on the ignition harness.  The pink wire would connect to a wire on the ign harness that has 12 volts when turned to on position and still has 12v when cranked.  Your orange wire you would connect to a wire at the ignition harness that has 12v when on but looses its 12 on crank and returns to 12v when back at run.  As soon as you finish wiring it up you really shouldn't have any wires left over.  You can also connect the pink/white to the second accesory wire and program the 881xp to make the pink/white wire an acc(BY DEFAULT the pink/white wire is IGN).  And as for the green wire you would cut your starter and connect to the key side and purple to starter side. 

12volts
remote start wiring, 96 integra - Last Post -- posted image.
Starter
Ignition
Accessory
Second Accessory

azintegragsrt 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2007 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
iam upgrading from an viper 550sep,does that new relay satellite have a built in starter kill, because right now i have a realy inbetween my starter wire and hooke up the to alarmas orange(ground wehn armed) do i remove that relay and just plug in that new onew that came with this alarm and i dont need the ground when armed or where do i hook it up to? 
enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2007 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
exactly, isnt that great?  If installng that, then  those wires and relay are not neededt.  what model alarm do you have?  i work on DEI all the time so let me know to specify it it does.
at2515 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2007 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

yeah i installed a prestige remote start into my 94 integra, those wires are all correct but the only wires i need to do is the clutch relay wire, i found the clutch wire (GREEN / WHITE) but when i connect it tot eh brown white wire from the alarm it turns the alarm off. i need to know how to set up the relay if needed. also the brake wire that shuts off the car when you step on the brake if the key is not in the ignition...

enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2007 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
sorry azintegragsrt just read you had the 881, so yeah just connect those wire and remove what you have in the car.  And make sure you ground the BLACK/ white wire from the 881.  that needs to see ground when remote starting....
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 29, 2007 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  
at2515 wrote:

yeah i installed a prestige remote start into my 94 integra, those wires are all correct but the only wires i need to do is the clutch relay wire, i found the clutch wire (GREEN / WHITE) but when i connect it tot eh brown white wire from the alarm it turns the alarm off. i need to know how to set up the relay if needed. also the brake wire that shuts off the car when you step on the brake if the key is not in the ignition...

Is this prestige for a manual trans ?

enice 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2007 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
kartuneman i read the manual and its not....
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 29, 2007 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
It's really NOT a good idea then. A dent in one of your buddies rides, (some kid thats got no insurance) or even worse, a big hole in you garage leading to the kitchen.....wait, theres one more, running down the neighbors dog, or their little kid on a tricycle. Just DON"T do it! I am passionate about this cause I have seen it happen. (the dog getting killed)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic