the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

06 ford theft light always flashing

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

OK I am trying to troubleshoot a draw. 06 ford taurus, I have removed the remote starter as it was the culprit according to the dealer. It is still drawing .32 amps, I noticed when checking for trunk lights and glove box lights that even when the doors are closed the theft light flashes continually. Anybody have any directions to go in I am tired of running into the wall it hurts.......

Thanks

mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
it will flash slowly when the vehicle is off.
put a meter on it and start pulling fuses. see what is making the draw.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
 Use a multimer and disconnect your negative battery terminal.  Connect your black test lead into the jack labeled 'com' on your meter and the red test lead to the jack labeled (A)  switch to dC amperers.  now connect your black test lead to negative batter cable and the red lead to the negative battery post.  let it settle for 30 secs.  if your standby current is more the 30 milliamperes(.03a) start taking fuse out.  if when you take one out them and the read changes then you have found your problem.  you can actually reinstall the remote starter and disconnect it and see if the read changes. if it doesnt then it was not the remote start.  To the dealer their car is perfect and the car never has a problem but you do have people who do damage vehicles but if you know what your doing then you'll be fine.  Good Luck
xtremej 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2007 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
Something to do with fuse #30 it protects multiple circuits. Back to the dealer for a repair and a refund for the customer. I didn't rub it in so hopefully they aren't total dicks to the customer. They charged her $120 labor plus $12 shop materials to charge the battery and write a up a slip saying it was the remote start ('06 11,000 mi), I guess this is why noone in my area goes to these morons anymore. Thanx for all the input its always appreciated.
john ogrady 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2007 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
Welcome to the 21st century an average car now has approx 10 computers in it.Luxury cars have close to 20.To do a draw test properly these computers have to go into sleep mode this can take up 3/4 of an hour.That's right connect your ampmeter in series with your batt cable and wait then start pulling fuses to find your draw.I am a Ford technician.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2007 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  

By the way,, what bypass did you use??? I mean its pretty simple to test because you would test the bypass + wire, the wires connect to the ign and the power of the alarm. 

xtremej 
Posted: April 28, 2007 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
PKF3. I have removed the remote start and sent it back to the dealer because it is still under warranty 06 with 11,000 miles on it. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic